The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Professor Ilaria Ramelli & her Apokatastasis project

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/smiley/icon_w00t.gifhttp://www.wargamer.com/forums/smiley/danceRoman.gif

Thought youā€™d be happy 'bout that Jason, (though June would have been even better). You know weā€™re all relying on your review/summary of the book, since youā€™re the only one (I believe) who has said theyā€™d put down the $300+ plus to purchase it. Doubt theyā€™ll be carrying it at my local library, unfortunately.

JULY IS ALMOST HERE OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

:mrgreen:

(Having gushingly reminded myself of when the book is coming out, Iā€™m still going to be looking for retailers selling the book, as the $346 must be publisher list price. I might be able to pick it up for 25% off or something like that. Thatā€™s like at least three pizzas worth of difference. ā€¦ ā€¦ Math isnā€™t my strong suit. :stuck_out_tongue: )

My family have all chipped in to raise money so I can buy it for my birthday present :sunglasses:

Expensive pizzas ā€“ or maybe pizza is cheaper out west. LOL

Well, I wonā€™t be buying it anytime soon, so Iā€™ll look forward to your report, Jason.

Sonia

on a connected, but slightly off-topic note, whoā€™s got the Terms for Eternity spin-off work? Any reviews?

Just read Professor Ilariaā€™s well-researched and documented paper!
All I can say is [size=150]WOW![/size]

Thereā€™s a spin-off??

Sorry, I meant terms for eternity as a spin- off from Ramelliā€™s giant volume ā€¦ Iā€™m prob mistaken, but I think I heard somewhere that terms for eternity was started in connection with that work and then became its own thing ā€¦

Just pre-ordered The Christian Doctrine of Apokatastasis: A Critical Assessment from the New Testament to Eriugena from Amazon for US$326.52 :astonished: (by far the most expensive book Iā€™ve ever bought, only possible because my extended family chipped in for it as my 33rd birthday present)!

Happy birthday! Great present ā€¦ :slight_smile:

:laughing:

Hey, can I borrow it, or will you hire it out?

Thanks!

Sure :slight_smile:

CCCLLIIIIICCCCKKKEEDDDD!!!

I was so worried Iā€™d missed your birthday, Alex. I hope not. I went looking for it on fb, didnā€™t find it, but did find something interesting you wrote that I wrote you on. :slight_smile: Happy Birthday, whenever it comes. And, thatā€™s a really nice gift! How nice for your family to do that. Did the ones that disagree with you, that probably wish youā€™d never read a book like this because theyā€™ll never hear the end of it, even chip in? If so, that is really swell of them!

It might have been more like, ā€œWell, thank God, maybe if he spends time studying this ā€˜Apokatastasisā€™ thing and some church history, heā€™ll have less time to spend on those other heretical pursuits.ā€ :mrgreen:

Good on you - I wonder who will get it first - I ordered before you but yours has less distance to travelā€¦

I was a couple of weeks ago but thanks for your birthday well-wishes. Yes, even the ones who arenā€™t EUs chipped in, which was particularly kind of them!

:laughing:

The Brill website now lists Ramelliā€™s bookā€™s planned publication date as August 2013. Sorry Jason and Alex. :cry:

As long as Amazon doesnā€™t cancel it. :unamused: (B&N or whoever I originally ordered it from had to cancel the order due to the original delay.)

I contacted Ilaria Ramelli a few months ago to ask her to read and comment on my manuscript ā€“ which definitely makes the case for universal restoration. She just sent me the following encouraging note:
ā€œDear George,
I have read your book and liked it very much. Thank you for this.
Your terminological analysis (of Hades, Gehenna, Tartarus, Sheol, Aionios, and Kolasis) is quite sound. The historical survey is also correct (for the Patristic side you might be interested in my monograph The Christian Doctrine of Apokatastasis, Brill 2013). And you are absolutely right that the most ancient Creeds do not mention hell, let alone its eternity. They focus on the Good News!ā€