The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Is It Psychopathic To Believe In Eternal Punishment?

I do not think you answered my question. Let me be more thorough.

1. God the Father loves God the Son.
  2. God the Father loves God the Holy Spirit.
  3. God the Son loves God the Father.
  4. God the Son loves God the Holy Spirit.
  5. God the Holy Spirit loves God the Father.
  6. God the Holy Spirit loves God the Son.

One of your premises is that “love always protects”. Therefore, according to that premise, the following six conclusions would follow from 1. through 6. above:

A. God the Father protects God the Son.
B. God the Father protects God the Holy Spirit.
C. God the Son protects God the Father.
D. God the Son protects God the Holy Spirit.
E. God the Holy Spirit protects God the Father.
F. God the Holy Spirit protects God the Son.

Please explain A. through F. For example, who or what threatens God the Father? From what does He need protecting? What would happen to God the Father if God the Son and God the Holy Spirit didn’t protect Him? Would God the Father be hurt? Damaged? Annihilated?

I’ll let it stand (whatever it was) - if you like. I’m busy with language stuff, along with non-redeeming stuff (i.e. zombie movies) - this weekend. But I’ll stop by and see what’s going on here - from time to time. :exclamation: :laughing:

I answered your question. You fail to interact with anything I say.

Here was my question: How does (for example) God the Holy Spirit protect God the Father?

I cannot find your answer. Please quote for me your answer to that question.

The love between the persons of God isn’t exactly like it is for us. God esteems, has affections, takes pleasure in the Son. Likewise the Son for the Father. This reverberates between the two forming overflowing agape (Spirit). This one circle of love makes the one true God who is agape. Since it’s agape that always protects we can say it’s the one true God who protects us. The One True God protects Himself. The tree persons together make up and form agape.

You still haven’t touched the argument though. The Bible says that love always protects and that part of justice is to protect. If there is nothing in hell there’s nothing for God to protect His children from. Therefore evil is eternal and hell is eternal. God is outside time. He’s across time. The Bible says Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world. Yet it happened some two thousand years ago. God is “present” in all past present and future. His protective love and justice has been “always” going on in His timeless “NOW”

What and/or whom does God protect Himself from?

What would happen to God if He didn’t protect Himself?

He protects Himself from the contamination of evil. The Bible says that love always protects and that part of justice is to protect. If there is nothing in hell there’s nothing for God to protect His children from. Therefore evil is eternal and hell is eternal. God is outside time. He’s across time. The Bible says Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world. Yet it happened some two thousand years ago. God is “present” in all past present and future. His protective love and justice has been “always” going on in His timeless “NOW”

It’s an impossibility. God is perfect love and perfect justice. The nature of perfect love and justice is to protect.

Does evil have to exist in order for God to exist?

Nah, evil is a means to an end over which God speaks the last word- “I will be all in all”.

Evil is necessary and must last forever. Otherwise there’s nothing for God to protect Himself and His children from in the new creation. In the new creation there is perfect love and perfect justice. It’s the nature of perfect love and perfect justice to protect. God is the beginning and the end. He is across time and experiences all past, present, and future as being “present” in His timeless “NOW”. Example: Christ was slain some 2000 years ago in our time yet the Bible says He was slain from the foundation of the world. Indeed, the saints names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

Perfect love and perfect justice are eternal

It’s the nature of perfect love and justice to protect

If there’s no evil there’s nothing to protect from

Evil must last forever in hell.

God is all in all in the new creation. The lake of fire isn’t part of the new heaven and earth.

As I already stated, perfect love and perfect justice are in the new creation not right now for us. The one true God protects Himself. The three persons make up the trinity of agape. The love between the persons of God isn’t exactly like it is for us. God esteems, has affections, takes pleasure in the Son. Likewise the Son for the Father. This reverberates between the two forming overflowing agape (Spirit). This one circle of love makes the one true God who is agape. Since it’s agape that always protects we can say it’s the one true God who protects us and Himself. The tree persons together make up and form agape. No I’m not trolling. I think I made my case. You haven’t dealt with it. Let me know when you want to deal with the argument in my last post.

It’s not only perfect love but perfect justice. They both protect but there is also a punishing element to justice. Those in the new creation aren’t being punished. Those in hell are. Hence, the protection against evil. And since there is also a corrective element to justice those in hell receive correction and punishment but refuse to repent. Here we have all three elements - correction, punishment and protection. Moreover if you are a harm to yourself you are a harm to others. In the new creation there is a union with God and each other.

I’ve already stated that God protects Himself from evil

That’s a different aspect of justice. God’s children in the new creation receive this from God’s justice. But don’t leave out the punishing element of God’s justice. This is for evil in the lake of fire. God shows His love to His children by protecting them.

If they were made humble then they didn’t go to hell.

Yeah while you are here on earth. Those in the Lake of fire have their hearts separated from God’s love. As a result the longer they are in hell the harder their hearts become and the more evil and more God hating they become. Thus the need for God to protect Himself and His children from evil because of love and justice.

I’ve always believed that an aspect of justice is doing the right thing. Protecting your children from monstrous evil God haters is doing the right thing.

In the new creation where there will be perfect love and justice “All Things” are made new. “All things” is a reference to the heavens and earth. After all that’s what the merism “heavens and earth” means. The lake of fire isn’t included in the “all things” made new

The Lake of Fire is SEPRATE. In the new heaven and earth Christ is “all in all” All flesh will worship Christ there. Those that are in heaven and earth and those saints that are resurrected from under the earth. All flesh. But not those who are in the lake of fire:

As we can see, those in the Lake of fire aren’t included in “all mankind”, They are “ABHORRED” by all mankind.

I haven’t added anything to the Bible. The Bible says God is perfect agape and that agape always protects. He is also perfect justice. The elements include protection. It’s in the new heavens and earth that we see this when all is consummated. In the new creation there is perfect love and perfect justice. It’s the nature of perfect love and perfect justice to protect. God is the beginning and the end. He is across time and experiences all past, present, and future as being “present” in His timeless “NOW”. Example: Christ was slain some 2000 years ago in our time yet the Bible says He was slain from the foundation of the world. Indeed, the saints names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

Perfect love and perfect justice are eternal

It’s the nature of perfect love and justice to protect

If there’s no evil there’s nothing to protect from

Evil must last forever in hell.

God is all in all in the new creation. The lake of fire isn’t part of the new heaven and earth.

The scriptures I gave show that evil will be in the lake of fire forever. Therefore they are not humble. The new creation doesn’t have evil in it. I addressed your points and you still refuse to deal with my argument. I’ve been coming here for years. I’m not a troll. I’m just trying to work through these things.

The kings of the earth and redeemed of the nations are those who have been saved during the tribulation. They have overcome and washed their robes in the blood:

All nations is reference to the redeemed. The gates are always open in the city of the new heavens and earth. The geography outside the open gates of the city is the new creation. Look at my previous scriptures above and you will see that the Lake Of Fire isn’t part of the new heavens and earth. Those there have their hearts separated from God’s mercy. Thus the longer they are there the harder their hearts become and the more evil they become.

Yes but the kings were saved during the tribulation. All nations means all nationalities or peoples.

All nations therefore is a reference to those who have been redeemed in the tribulation.

Read this slowly. The lake of fire isn’t included in all things made new. The new heavens and earth isn’t part of the lake of fire:

All mankind doesn’t include those in the lake of fire:

As we can see, those in the Lake of fire aren’t included in “all mankind”, They are “ABHORRED” by all mankind.

Free will is the ability to choose. It’s the mind choosing. There’s always a reason for our choices even if we aren’t aware at the moment what that reason is. That is to say, there are motives. God looks at the motives of our heart as well as the decisions. For without motives our choices have no moral significance and cannot be judged good or evil. They are self-determined. Done by us. Motivated by something within and not by external factors. God is in control in that He operates on our hearts giving us the desire and ability to love Him above all else. But the decision is made by us. Nonetheless, God gets the glory for His grace. He doesn’t cause evil but permits it by withholding His grace. So yes they have free will in that sense.

This is true but it can also mean forever and ever. Check out the parallels.

Yes but there are people who are saved in the tribulation. They overcome by being washed in the blood of the lamb.

These are part of the all things made new and all humanity. But those in the lake of fire are not part of this as I showed with the scriptures. The gates in the city are open to the heavens and earth. Not to the lake of fire. The lake of fire isn’t part of the new creation.

They don’t want to repent because their hearts are separated from God’s mercy. Being separated from God’s mercy they become more evil. They don’t want God. Moreover, the gates of the city are always open to the heavens and earth. Not the lake of fire. The lake of fire isn’t part of the new creation.

The point I was making is the forever and ever is used with God and heaven and then parallel with the lake of fire. The words can mean forever and ever.

I’m not trolling. I wasn’t aware that the kings were in the lake of fire. Thanks for this. That clears some things up for me.

Okay,

Everybody will make it but Satan and his angels are tormented forever and ever. Hows that?