The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Demons and aliens

A great way to determine the source of a doctrine is fear. “For I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power and love and sound mind”

This is my biggest reason for disregarding the pre trib rapture theory. It is based on such fear.

i dont know about u but i felt NOTHING but fear coming out of this Glenn guy

Are you saying that Satan was created ontologically evil? :confused: I understand some universalists here assert the belief that God authors evil, but I honestly consider it the most perverse of blasphemies (cf. Isaiah 5:20). I understand “from the beginning” to be the beginning of enmity or the beginning of matter. So either S/satan is non-personal or I’ll subscribe to a mytheology that honours our God of Light, in whom there is no darkness at all.

I don’t really know, (obviously) but I see no reason why God wouldn’t create the adversary to be the adversary. He put the tokogae in the garden didn’t he? He didn’t build a fence around it thats for sure. I tend towards satan being a non-person. As to God authoring evil, I’m not so sure there either, but if God knows all, I have a hard time seeing around Him being the source of all, including evil.

What are your thoughts on God subjecting all of creation to futility and putting us under the bondage of corruption, as it relates to God “creating” evil?

well the stuff tis guy is saying it still troubles :frowning: me abit…

Fear not, for I have overcome the world.
I have not given you a spirit of fear.

Shalom

So any takers on my new thread idea that I mentioned in my last post? :slight_smile:

i think that it would be fun!
afterall, i’m a Lovecraft nerd at heart, and love talking about all things alien and weird.

i know but the thing he says in the vids are just plain messed up

I don’t see how putting the tokogae in the garden creates evil. It provides for genuine liberty (and ultimately genuine love) — we can either choose the tokogae of the Tree of Life or the tokogae of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (defining good).

In Eden, humans are encouraged to follow God (in faith) to provide life and to define good. Humans can partake of divine life, but they cannot define good. Partaking of the Tree of [defining good] apart from God would mean constructing our own (or succumbing to) delusions about what is good. Believing that self-orientation, violence or pride is truly good is a spiritually pathological delusion. These delusions are sin, a spiritual illness and bondage, and they bring death. But believing that an other-orientation, creative force or humility is truly good is reality, and is therefore in harmony with God and his purpose — health, life and freedom. Yeshua is the perfect definition of this good. Yeshua is reality. In the Book of Revelation, the Tree of Life is the only significant tree on the New Earth. Once we have washed ourselves in water and fire from our bondage and illness, we may eat of the Tree of Life, trusting that God (as revealed in Yeshua) alone defines good. Having experienced suffering and death on the Old Earth and having yielded to God’s reality, we will no longer freely return to our old delusions. The Tree of [defining good] would then be redundant into eternity. I think it was theoretically possible that humanity could have universally chosen the Tree of Life into eternity back there in Eden. Though God knew (or knew the inevitably) that humanity would choose the Tree of [defining good] instead.

“For the creation was subjected5293 to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope…”
I don’t think its saying that God authored futility (meaningless). Can God author nonsense? His own non-ness? I think its saying that God has arranged (***hupotassó***5293) creation under its chosen meaningless, because he permits this condition for the sake of genuine liberty. But humanity does not will this arrangement because creation does not will to be placed under meaninglessness. It fell because it sought meaning! Though it was deceived to think that it could define meaning apart from God, when it could not.

Does that make any sense? I’m terrible at philosophizing. Let me know if you require any clarification. I would greatly appreciate your general thoughts.

Wigglytug, you’re most disturbed because of a rapture, premillennialism and that someone saw spirits? I still don’t understand why you would really worry about this :confused: These doctrines have been around for a little while, and many people have a very personal, “audible” experience with the Holy Spirit already. And we do know that many people are particularly receptive or “hypersensitive” to the phenomena that Glenn described in the videos. This has been a pretty common, trans-cultural experience throughout history. Perhaps spirits are responsible, or perhaps they might be a naturally explainable delusion, i.e. psychosis (as Corpselight intimated). But if we’re not hypersensitive or psychotic, then we needn’t entertain a worry or keen interest as though we were, right? As Glenn said, “don’t go there”. We don’t have to pursue a curse that we don’t have. Thank God, I’m not cursed in this area. An old friend of mine is, and he wouldn’t wish his horrible (truly demonic) experiences on anyone!

I don’t want to get into the arm, calv debate here, but if God knew then there was no real chance of choosing the Life. I just can’t see it any other way, but thats just my leanings.

Again when you say He permitted the subjection, to me He knew that the futility was coming, the lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

I believe it was all inevitable, that was the suffering that the FAther had to go through when the creation was carved out (bara) of Him. Jesus did what HE saw His father do. Suffer, give of Himself, break His body, which all brought about creation. We are marred as the bride of Christ birthed out of His side (He is the second adam after all), The creation was taken out of the side of the Father(in the image of God male and female). It is also marred. But the renewing of all is a process, that was built in from the start, as He fills all in all

Phi 3:21
He will transform the body of our humiliation that it may be conformed to the body of his glory, by the power that also enables him to make all things subject to himself.

Gen 1 is the creation of the new man, IMO. It is prophetic, the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. In the image of Elohim Male and Female He formed/birthed/carved out/fattened/created – (A-T)adam.
A-T= Aleph-Tau/Alpha-Omega.

There was no lack, no evil, no “not good” until Gen 2 where there are “no’s”. No shrubs, no man to till, to helpmate for man. Before everything was very good, now its not.

I believe there is no plan B, the restoration of all was all there ever was. And back on topic here :wink: I do believe God takes responsibility, its written into His law.

Exo 21
33“If a man opens a pit, or digs a pit and does not cover it over, and an ox or a donkey falls into it, 34the owner of the pit shall make restitution; he shall give money to its owner, and the dead animal shall become his.

I think the Tokogae is an open pit waiting for a dumb animal to walk into it. But remember its all for our good, because out of death comes life. And eating the Tokogae made us like God, knowing the difference between Good and Evil, so that we would not crave evil things (and these things happened for our example on whom the end of the ages has come). Ah the exercise of the discernment of good and evil. To prepare Sons to take control of Kingdom.