The Evangelical Universalist Forum

What Movies Do You Want To See In The Theaters

From now until the end of 2017?

Here is my list:

The Dark Tower
Blade Runner 2049
Star Wars The Last Jedi

Hereā€™s the problem. You picked some good NERD movies - that have potential. But do I see them, on the big screen? Or wait until they come out - on DVD? The key is what the collective rating is, on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. If it gets a rating of 80% or more, I see it on the big screen.

Take War of the Planet of the Apes - for example:

Rating: 95% - ā€Ž207 reviews - Rotten Tomatoes
Rating: 8.1/10 - ā€Ž26,930 votes - IMDb

Go see it, on the big screen.

Meh I donā€™t go by movie reviews. I can see why some do as RT seems to be the standard bearer for movie reviews but for me itā€™s all about being the movie nerd I am. I will probably watch the new Apes movie when it comes out on DVD or digital but I still havenā€™t seen the other two so I might wait until they come out with a trilogy box set to see all 3.

Iā€™m limited when I can go see anything at the theaters due to it becoming expensive and Iā€™m now an IMAX 3D junkie since seeing SW:TFA in IMAX 3D so any movie I go see must be in IMAX 3D and that can drain the wallet factoring in snacks and such as well.

The wife and I try to make the Tuesday all-day $5 shows - but add in a snack/drink, you can still drop a $20 bill.

You are learning a lesson about marketing, Dave. Same goes for the gas station. They donā€™t want you, to just see a movie. And they donā€™t want you, to just buy gas. They make their money, on the concession stand. Or on the convenience store - within the gas station. Or use their super-duper, hi-tech car wash.

I saw War for the Planet of the Apes, for $5 on Tuesday also. But this super movie station, as a full service bar., restaurants inside, etc. And reclining seats, where you can put your feet up. With the automatic recliner.

And donā€™t forget about all the ads you view, before the movie starts :exclamation:

Hereā€™s something Iā€™ve shared on Twitter today:

Toward dumber

This message is from renown marketer - Seth Godin. And is consistent with the approach, of direct response copywriting and marketing.

Like the commercials you see - in the movie theaters!

But the second part of the message, is scientific measurement. Which is also something, direct response copywriting and marketing - excels at.

Good stuff, Randy. Recommended reading is Captains of Consciousness by Stuart Ewen. Fascinating.

A pdf I just found online gives a pretty good taste:

crashdebug.fr/media/Docs/ew ā€¦ usness.pdf

Hey, Dave. This PDF looks like scholarly stuff - with footnotes. And not the stuff, my Zombie friends normally read. I left my pair of ā€œDumb and Dumberā€ glasses at home. So I canā€™t read the supermarket tabloids now. Or those ā€œprestigiousā€ news publications, you mentioned in another thread. :laughing:

To my great surprise, I find that you are not alone, Randy:
undergraduatesciencelibrarian.o ā€¦ footnotes/

But really, you being one of the highly-educated personages around here, could probably handle a little olā€™ pdf. :laughing:

Most of those. Also:

Spider-Man: Homecoming

The wife and I try to make the Tuesday all-day $5 shows - but add in a snack/drink, you can still drop a $20 bill. :imp: :cry:
ā€œBlind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truthā€. -Albert Einstein

Well, Iā€™m off today - to see Wind River. But Iā€™m normally a fan, of Nerd Science Fiction and Super Hero movies. :smiley: