The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Obsolete: Forum will be read-only from March onwards

From what I understand, that’s correct. We’re either migrating to a new host that uses PHPBB, or to a new forum code either on this host or elsewhere – although I think the team has been looking more at getting off the PHPBB engine for some reason.

(Forum networking isn’t my specialty at all, so I’m not much help on this side of the project, and I could be using terms wrongly, too. But I’m trying to describe it in a way that makes sense to me. :wink: )

I respect your decision but feel that I must say that Facebook groups are a LOUSY alternative to message boards. the organization is awful and people ask the same questions very often because no visible threads.

Right i have not seen individual threads/topics on FB. Plus FB just moves things on their own according to their algorithm?

Hey y’all! It’s been a long time since posted a reply. I’m sad to see this forum go. I would agree that Facebook is more accessible though. Thank you to all who have been managing this and providing insight!
I actually am wondering: Ilaria Ramelli said that she had an abridged version of her 900 page tome on the way, is that accessible to the public yet? Or canceled? Or have some kind of status on it? Does anyone know?

Thank you all and blessings,

Val

Last I heard, the micro-tome is still being worked on; possibly delayed because she’s working on two auxiliary tomes (one on early non-Christian notions of apokatastasis, and one on Christian apokatastasis after Eriugena into and through the Middle-Ages, into the early modern period.)

I like the CD idea with info from the entire site. Or of the comments from individuals, e.g. Jason Pratt’s posts.

Is the plan to move everything to another site/server for reading only, but have future discussions on FB?

For those who don’t expect they’d participate in a FB (FaceBook) type of discussion format, perhaps the following two forums would be of interest:

christianforums.com/

city-data.com/forum/

Christian Universalists have been posting there for years, including some members of this site. I’ve seen them in these topics:

“Controversial Christian Theology
Nicene and Non-Nicene Christians only
(eg. full preterism, universalism).”

christianforums.com/forums/ … ology.130/

city-data.com/forum/christianity/

Another forum is at Tentmaker, though i don’t know if they’re accepting new members at this time.

These are all excellent options to find Christians (& others) who will attack you for what you believe ;

Update! –

…well, the update is that there is no update yet. I’m as surprised and pleased as anyone that the forum hasn’t gone to read-only yet. Alex, with some others, is still working on porting the forum, but it hasn’t happened yet (due to them being busy on real-life things). So I’m glad the forum is still going here meanwhile! (Also, new membership hasn’t technically shut down either; I’ve ported one or two through the spamcatcher myself since then. And bounced a few spammers. :wink: )

I suppose I’ll have come up with some reasonable update text for the main index page news window. :unamused: But I didn’t want members and guests to be completely in the dark about why the forum has neither frozen nor migrated yet.

Back to the usual usuals! :mrgreen:

Well, I did a new TEUS episode a few weeks (…wait, months?) ago! – although I don’t think Erik or whoever is in charge of putting it up, has put it up very clearly yet. (It wasn’t in the show list last time I checked either.)

Mostly I’ve stayed away from tough topics for a while due to stress at work.

Oh, whoops! – sorry, my absent-mindness dropped that. I’ll look back into it. :blush:

I dl’d JBPratt’s book (no relation :wink: ), but haven’t read it yet.

Last year i found large portions of the 900 page version available for free online. Have previously posted links re that.

Today i found the entire 900 page book available for free online reading, downloading & printing out via the online library system.

I guess that’s all i’m going to say about that publicly. Maybe i’ve said too much already ;

Seek & ye shall find.

Sought, did not find…PM?

There’s quite a bit of interest in universalism etc on forums at this site:

reddit.com/r/ChristianUniversalism/

I’ll give it a try, thanks.

I reckon Reddit would be good. I still haven’t figured out what to do with this forum as it does have some excellent content & is still used. I’ve got my long service leave coming up soon so hoping to take another look at everything. e.g. I might try creating a blank forum on the latest platform in a sandbox & see how well all the content would migrate—if that works, there’s a chance we could keep things ticking along here for longer. No promises though, these things often have unexpected hurdles.

So noted. :nerd:

Sandbox?? Doesn’t sound very hygienic. :open_mouth: :laughing:

For everyone’s benefit, I present this Wiki article at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(software_development) :smiley:

A normal sandbox is usually sanitary. Unless a herd of zombie children - were playing in it. :laughing:

Hey, Dracula. You are in the wrong GIF. We are talking about zombie children - not vampires. :laughing:

Ah… a safe place.

:laughing: