The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Obsolete: Forum will be read-only from March onwards

C’mon Eusebius… enough already with the *martyr complex * :laughing:

That ‘martyr’ post was ‘Justin’ time :laughing:

You been hanging around me too long, DaveB. :laughing:

Generally, people are not attacked for what they believe, but for the manner in which they attempt to justify what they believe.

Oh shut your face! :wink:

I made a forum a couple years ago, It has no members, lol, I never promote it, but it was really easy and cheap to do. I dont have time to run a forum, so I set up the threads to be basic studies limited to UR, and I may use it to archive some of my UR focused posts from here and Tentmaker. I think it costs me about 110.00 dollars a year. Its a phpBB forum @ www.Salvationofall.org. I will keep an eye out to see if anyone is interested in it, but its purpose is strictly UR focused, unless I was to create a hidden “anything goes” area. Facebook has some good features, but I think it is just too limited for discussion, and the “thread” method is the only way i’ve seen to maintain a topic.

In an ideal world the “facial” portion of the forum would be a place where the nuts and bolts of UR/Salvation of All/ Biblical Christian Universalism would be presented clearly and consistently.

Tangental theological rabbit holes could be discussed by thicker skinned established members in a hidden area ot the forum covered by a big disclaimer, “Let no timid enter here” :laughing:

The conflict between trying to present this wonderful gospel message, and having it lost and buried beneath the kudzu of systematic theologies of different brands, is one I think needs to be resolved somewhere(not sure where and how, but would like to see it).

Anyway, it definitely takes time to create and monitor such a thing, and I appreciate the time invested by the founders of this forum, and I think the general tone of the forum has been pretty good.

Oh, well put matey!

How are we still posting???

I haven’t had a chance to freeze things yet :slight_smile:

Also, I gathered that the plan wasn’t to freeze posts until next month? We just aren’t accepting new members from March 1 onward.

I can vent my spleen the rest of the month???

Woooooohooooooo :smiley:

I haven’t had a chance to freeze things yet :slight_smile:
Alex Smith
Administrator

Take your time, like a few months!

Many, many thanks to you all for hosting this forum - I have enjoyed it mostly vicariously through my husband. You all have enriched our lives by engaging yourselves in these discussions.

I definitely want to gather up all his three-some-thousand posts before the door finally closes - as well as some other people’s.

I am more of a facebook person, so I may see you there as Jean Clink.

Many of my fb friends are evangelical so I post on my page things that I find that will provoke them to think a little further than black-white, heaven or hell, so I understand the desire for anonymity - I don’t want to be in their faces with my beliefs that are so different from theirs.

The only closed FB group I was turned away from was a Vietnam Veterans group for people who had been ‘in the land’.

I have heard that Zuckerberg is censoring facebook, so if you are Right wing, you may be affected. I have my ear out for another social media place - there are some that you can’t use with a computer, so there are limitations.

Bless you all - hope we meet again - on this earth, I mean. !!

That must have been what happened to Jesus, Paul and all who were martyred. If only they just kept their mouths shut.

But really, no one has been martyred here . . . that I know of. And it is improper for someone to claim I have a martyr complex (which is just another form of attack on me by the way), for stating that, for the most part, I have been attacked for what I believe. People just don’t like to be told they are wrong, including me. But we need to be like the Bereans who were more noble than the others who searched the Scriptures to see if these have it right. We all need to swallow our pride and ask God for help.

Paidion, I may not agree with some things you’ve written, but I do appreciate that what you write is unique to you and is very special.
One day everyone will come into a realization of the truth for God has promised us in 1 Timothy 2:4-6. I can’t wait for everyone to catch up with me. LOL!!! :laughing:

[size=150]Oh dear…[/size] http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g374/Paidion9/Emoticons/shame_zps95eoh83s.gif :blush: :mrgreen:

Poor Eusebius. Attacked for what he believes. And accused of having a martyr complex. http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g374/Paidion9/Emoticons/Unhuh_zpsd20a14b4.gif

I found some fellows, who have a bone or two - to pick with Eusebius :exclamation: :laughing:

That was almost humerus. I was going to have Patella, but he’s in Palatine.

Was that humerus or a fibula?