The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Yes, true and I think a US war with China will be a very different affair, God save us from that one.

Bowling Green massacre” = “Alternative Facts” = “Fake News” = “Honest mistakes abound” = STUPIDITY ABOUNDS! :laughing:

I would have to say that you are correct. But I would also have to say that your use of italics denote a fervor about your country and denotes a obvious and understandable reaction to Mr. Trumps phone call to your head of state.

I can not know what that is about, but I think that your and all of our dialogue on this forum will maybe transcend political rhetoric and maybe help a few of us learn about each other. :slight_smile:

[size=150]Well I’ll take that… :laughing:[/size]

Thanks… :laughing:

You are special.

Just out of curiosity—Maintenance Man, have you EVER disagreed with Davo?

Ah well, at least I get a response from Chad, but just out of curiosity, what about from you Don… HERE and HERE :question:

“Yet once more will I shake the heavens and the earth, until only that which cannot be shaken remains.”

There is no answer in either party, they are mutually, in the majority, parties sold in bondage to their patrons, those who operate as predators and hidden kings in the earth.

“Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed acts of immorality, and those who dwell on the earth were made drunk with the wine of her immorality.”

You know…at first, I was against president Trump. But we are not at war, with China or Russia…I don’t see my name, in the obituaries…The country is not destroyed…Etc…So let things play out.

Sure, folks might challenge things. And they will change them.

Like the states, challenging the travel ban

or

Lobbyist groups…like the AMA or AARP…objecting to the current, Republican health care overall. And I agree. The AARP objects to the “age” clause, causing high prices…for the 50 - 64 age group. I agree…scratch that provision…And I would probably agree, with the AMA objections. But the GOP can fix it and adjust it - if they are smart.

In the meantime, I have more important things to do. Like seeing what the bad rulers and Zombies are up to…in tonight’s AMC Walking Dead episode. :laughing:

Those zombies aint exactly holy fools :wink:

Now that would be something to see. A Holy Fool, who is now a Zombie. :laughing:

Recently, Sean Spicer, Whitehouse spokesmen has explained away Trump’s false statement that Obama wiretapped his NY skyscraper. Spicer said, “The President used the word “wiretap” to mean broadly surveillance and other activities.” Spicer also suggested that Trump wasn’t accusing Obama specifically, but instead was referring to the actions of the Obama administration.

Recently, Sean Spicer, Whitehouse spokesmen has explained away Trump’s false statement that Obama wiretapped his NY skyscraper. Spicer said, “The President used the word “wiretap” to mean broadly surveillance and other activities.” Spicer also suggested that Trump wasn’t accusing Obama specifically, but instead was referring to the actions of the Obama administration.

Paidion did you really think Trump meant Obama himself wiretapped Trump Tower? And yes i would use the words “wiretap” and “surveillance” as identical. Wiretapping is pretty much an outdated word now with the hi-tech technology around now. General Flynn was "wiretapped’ talking to the Russian ambassador while Flynn was in Trump Tower so maybe they were surveilling the Russian Ambassador, maybe Flynn, maybe Trump Tower, maybe everyone? Do you know?

Yes, he may have meant Obama’s administration… But he still meant wiretapping. Why do you think the U.S. Justice Department is trying to find evidence that the Obama administration wiretapped Trump’s phones at the Trump Tower? If they don’t take Trump’s statement literally, it seems a fruitless effort.

cbc.ca/news/world/deadline-trump-tower-surveillance-1.4022204

NPR is not the best source. Plus - they have not passed any bill yet. We have to see it to pass it, unlike ACA.

Here’s an interesting article, in today’s Christian Patheos site.:

Was the Apostle Paul the Biblical Equivalent of the Most Loyal Trump Supporter?

Qaz - you may be right. The fools might actually do that.
Disgusting is the proper word.

That doesn’t stop us nerds, though. There are many ways to mask it or keep it from prying eyes. :smiley:

Randy - for those of us without the N-gene or the G-gene: if such a law is passed, what are the strategies you suggest?

Will the fact that I use a private internet access (PIA) be any protection against my isp’s money-grubbing, ethics-be-damned assault on my privacy?

And how would they be collecting the data, Dave? That’s the key question. Well, you can do various things.

Like install a Firefox or Google Chrome plug-in called Ghostery. Quite excellent, mind you.
Work behind a VPN service. A good one is Express VPN. And it’s quite nice and a VPN is recommended, for public Wi-Fi
Or you can enter the world, of the “dark web”. Like with a tool called Tor.

Much depends on how they are collecting data, whom they are collecting it from, which companies are cooperating and what court challenges (I.e. tech companies, ACLU, etc.) are in place.

Let’s read a nice, BBC article from today:

Campaigners seek ‘to sell US politicians’ browsing data’

Yesterday, Comcast had an internet outage. I noticed their name servers weren’t functioning. And I noticed Google on Google Chrome, was using it’s own name servers, for searches. I switched the router to OpenDNS, with extra security filters. And have the IP stuff, for Norton Safe Connect, in case of any OpenDNS, name server issues. Now I just keep OpenDNS, as an extra security layer.

And for the benefit, of the “bold and brave”:

How To Access The Dark Web

Note: If you do something like use TOR, you should do, what the article suggests - get a VPN. I can neither confirm nor deny, I ever used TOR or visited the dark web.

P.S. I meant to use the words Deep Web in this post, rather than Dark Web.