The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Why It All Matters (Easter Sermon at Cadre by JRP)

Well, I got it posted up rather later than I intended (Sunday evening, not in time for Sunday morning); but as they say, better late than never. :wink:

(Why It All Matters)

God’s grace and salvation to all our readers, members or not, universalists or not, Christians or not, this Easter Sunday day and every day, into the Day of our Lord to come!

“He’s alive! He’s alive! He’s alive and I’m forgiven; heaven’s gates are opened wide!”

“Christ the Lord is risen today!–Alleluia!”
“Sons of men and angels say: Alleluia!”

“And when He [the Father] leads Him [the Son] into the inhabitations again, He is saying: ‘LET ALL THE ANGELS WORSHIP HIM!’” And, indeed, when He comes again, all worshipers of idols shall be ashamed: for the Lord is saying, “Worship Him all you gods!” And then, as it is written, “Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, that He is YHWH!”

Amen Jason, It thrilled my soul today, as over and over today, I read and heard these three glorious words ring out, “'HE IS RISEN !”

Father, gives us this day, the time to ponder the
awesomeness, of Your Son, Christ Jesus risen.

*The Hope of the Resurrection
by Vachel Lindsay

Though I have watched so many mourners weep
O’er the real dead, in dull earth laid asleep—
Those dead seemed but the shadows of my days
That passed and left me in the sun’s bright rays.
Now though you go on smiling in the sun
Our love is slain, and love and you were one.
You are the first, you I have known so long,
Whose death was deadly, a tremendous wrong.
Therefore I seek the faith that sets it right
Amid the lilies and the candle-light.
I think on Heaven, for in that air so dear
We two may meet, confused and parted here.
Ah, when man’s dearest dies,‘tis then he goes
To that old balm that heals the centuries’ woes.
Then Christ’s victory cry in all the streets is rife:—
“I am the Resurrection and the Life.”*~

A risen Christ shares victory over, our every hard and broken place. Life out of death; how would life or death, take upon meaning, would one be absent from the other. So we come to know them both, finally settling and resting upon life, His Life, Precious and Eternal.

May we find the occasion, of every day, to settle and rest our hope upon You, dear Jesus,
Our Christ and Life Eternal,

John