The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Song, Movie, better than most Christian movies?

I ended up seeing The Song in Dallas this week by accident, and it was, to me, one of the best Christian movies ever.

I didn’t even know it was a Christian movie when I went in. It is a story using many of the facts in the life of King David (lead character’s name is David KIng) and KIng Solomon. It is more infused with scripture (primarily in narration) that any movie I can remember. Much of the scripture is from the Song of Solomon and Ecclesiastes. And the biggie is- it is fun and entertaining to watch, just as much or more than any mainstream romantic drama.

Since I was the only one in the theater, it will likely be on DVD soon. It really lacks the cheesiness of most Christian films. In my estimation, it is far more entertaining and soul sustaining than either God’s Not Dead or Heaven is for Real.

I found the music to be some of the best I’ve heard in any movie in years.

The web site:

thesongmovie.com/

Huh. Gets in Eccelsiastes, too.

Yes, it looks great. I saw the trailer a few weeks ago. I’ll be ordering it as soon as it’s available. ‘City On a Hill’ seem to do high quality Christian films. ‘Not a Fan’ is very very good in my opinion. Thanks for the feedback Trey. :smiley:

Well, when you-all see it’s out, remind us forgetful ones, k? :wink:

I’m usually not very interested in watching Christian films, but this looks good! Thanks for the heads-up!

Sonia