The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Just gorgeous...

youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc

Very nice.

Always nice to come across real talent. Canā€™t work out whoā€™s singing the bass line, though. I think itā€™s the bloke with the beardā€¦

So beautiful! Brought the tears ā€“ :cry:

Fantastic version of the drummer boy!!! :slight_smile:

Now my favorite.

I donā€™t want to throw a monkey wrench into your enjoyment of the drummer-boy song. But I need to say that I didnā€™t find it either ā€œgorgeousā€ or beautiful. Indeed I was repulsed by it.

Now this may be because of my age (Iā€™m nearly 76, and am unable to appreciate the sugary sweetness of modern singing.)

Here is a link to a Christmas song which depicts the blooming of the Rose of Sharon, our Lord Jesus. This song in itself, as well as the manner in which RenƩe Fleming sings it, brings tears to my eyes when I think of how that Magnificant Rose bloomed to bring us salvation from sin and to make possible union with God.

O flower whose fragrance tender
With sweetness fills the air
Dispel in glorious splendour
The darkness everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=fUGTzpntLs8

Yes . . . I understand there are people who adore opera style music and I respect that. I donā€™t get it, but I do respect it. :slight_smile:

Wow, those Mormons know how to put on an organized display - what an amazing sight!

I personally do not celebrate XMAS, and I do not really enjoy any XMAS musicā€¦ but sometimes there are ditties that grab your attention more than others. Iā€™ve always liked the imagery of the little drummer boy. Itā€™s a childhood adventure! What I call the huckleberry Finn syndrome.

Well that was gorgeous too. :slight_smile:

I wonder what youā€™ll think of Celine Dionā€™s version of O Holy Night. Knocks me off my chair every time I hear it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7OZ5MoUXKgc

Well, Celine is a beautiful woman, but her singingā€¦ her weak little voice sounds like sheā€™s panting and gasping for air.

Listen to this ten-year old child sing. She sings O Holy Night as it ought to be sungā€”sends thrills up and down your spine!

youtube.com/watch?v=F_Q7AFys6bA

:laughing: I reckon youā€™re the first person on the planet to type those particular words in that particular order.

:laughing: If I had been slurping on a coffee it would have been sprayed all over my keyboard by now!

I enjoyed all the links posted ā€“ but this one is one of my favorites:

youtu.be/ZCFCeJTEzNU

:mrgreen:

Sonia

And I could understand every word!! :sunglasses:

Oh Sonia! I LOVED that! :laughing: