The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Documentary - How the Earth was made

I was mesmerized by this, and found it very interesting to boot. 90 minutes.
youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … LMeA3M_PaU

Hi Dave,

There is another batch of documentaries with the same title, which is interesting. There are 25 documentaries in the series.

youtube.com/results?search_query=How+the+Earth+was+Made&oq=How+the+Earth+was+Made&gs_l=youtube.12…162988.162988.0.164271.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0…0.0…0.0…1ac.2.11.youtube.

Many of the explanations given in these documentaries are not accepted throughout the scientific establishment. Plate tectonics, for instance, is hotly contested by many eminent scientists from many different disciplines. The animations and CGI helps to sell plate tectonics as though it is a fact, but it is not, it is a theory. Subduction has not been proven, it is only determined on very circumstantial evidence found on seismographs at the Wadati-Benioff zones. other explanations, particularly ‘eduction’, has been presented to account for this data. The idea of spreading sea-floor and subducted plates was presented by geophysicists, not geologists. It is a theoretical model that allows the earth to always retain it’s exact circumference. The very idea that the earth “needs” to remain constant is unusual. The earth “needs” to remain constant in order to comply with previous explanations of evolution and physics which are now sacred. We cannot go disturbing the waters, so this is the best way to preserve previous preconceived ideas. The animations are good though.

Peace
S.

The link I gave was for the pilot episode. I actually have not seen any of the others in the series.
I am not a sufficient judge of the science behind that pilot - but, I’m pretty sure the Earth has gone through many cataclysms; and I found the visual representations of huge events that enveloped our whole planet to be very moving, even if not every detail is currently accepted. I mean, BIG STUFF did happen to our little blue marble.
Actually just seeing our planet from space makes my heart feel larger.

I don’t think your link belongs to the same series that I mentioned. I have all 25 parts of the series. I don’t agree with all of the conclusions, but the animations and information is really excellent for the most part.

Peace
S.

I’ll look around for that, it sounds very interesting. Thanks.