The Evangelical Universalist Forum

E Nesbit - By Faith With Thanksgiving

A poem I discovered today, by an author I’ve admired for a long time - thought I’d share it.

By Faith With Thanksgiving
Edith Nesbit

LOVE is no bird that nests and flies,
No rose that buds and blooms and dies,
No star that shines and disappears,
No fire whose ashes strew the years:
Love is the god who lights the star,
Makes music of the lark’s desire,
Love tells the rose what perfumes are,
And lights and feeds the deathless fire.

Love is no joy that dies apace
With the delight of dear embrace–
Love is no feast of wine and bread,
Red-vintaged and gold-harvested:
Love is the god whose touch divine
On hands that clung and lips that kissed,
Has turned life’s common bread and wine
Into the Holy Eucharist.

Very good. I like the part about turning life’s common bread and wine into the Holy Eucharist. I drink from the Holy Grail every morning. I’ve come to see that the holy grail is falling in love with love (agape). It’s coming into faith union with Christ as God’s arrow pierces the heart creating the intense desire and love for love (agape). I have recently undergone a sweet and painful experience of this.

The Holy Grail

The scales of justice balance in September
As Michael crushes Satan’s head in death
Ego is cast out, the new self is in union with Christ
Flames of torment destroy the self of the old
I stand on this Holy Mountain of God crucified
Baptized into water, death, and fire, I’m made new
The cup of the Holy Grail infuses precious stones within
As I become drunk on the Beautiful cup of blood
Victory reigns at the core in the Holy land of Eden
In celebration of the marriage with the Lamb
I have fallen madly in love with love

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12662725_158471364532253_2059705799535130003_n.jpg?oh=6f8b3cbd5fa3a5e811c5ffc5754e1716&oe=573452E4

My first name is “Michael”. My last name is “Houx”. “Houx” is French and means holly tree or holy tree. I’ve watched a video that shows Mont St. Michael over in France. This is where St. Michael the Archangel is honored by the Catholics. Both “St. Michael” and “Houx” are used to defend and protect against evil. I found this out after an experience I had last year in my battle within against Satan (my ego) when I cast Satan out of “The Garden of Eden” (my spirit). That is to say, the old me was crucified and baptized into death, water, and fire. This all happened during the year of Shimittah which began on my birthday in September. Shimittah was a festival tied in with the four blood moons that happened the past two years. There were four cups of wine at Passover and four blood moons. The final cup of wine (wrath) or blood moon happened in September as well. It started a Day of Judgment leading to a new birth for me. The scales of judgment or justice held by Michael above is also my birthday sign “Libra”. September is also the month of the feast of Michael and the angels. September is also the month that classes start yearly to become Catholic. St. Michael is a defender of the Catholic church and Pope. I think God sent St. Michael to lead me to the Catholic church. Michael cast Satan out of me during my judgment when I was crucified with Christ in faith union with Him. Satan was defeated and cast out of the Garden of Eden. It’s a faith union that transforms the psyche to where you love the light rather than darkness. For me, It has come in stages. I have sinned along the way and no I’m not perfect today but I’m better and happier now. I’m a lot different than I use to be. I’m more at peace and clear headed. I communicate better and I’m able to handle things intuitively more and more. God has opened the eyes of my heart to behold His Beauty. I’m learning to express my heart and be my true self. It has taken years to get where I’m at today. But I’m glad I’m here and I look forward to more progress. It’s like Jonny cash describes it in his song “Ring Of Fire” when he describes falling in love. Moreover, The Holy St. Teresa Of Avilla also says the same thing I do. The intense desire for God is always described as an erotic passion by St. Teresa of Avilla. This is a mystical experience known as bridal mysticism. Listen to St. Teresa here describe it:

Ring Of Fire

youtu.be/2BaksqH2YXQ

Hi again, Anna!

And hi again, Michael, for that matter. :slight_smile:

“I have fallen madly in love with love” - that is a wonderful line! :slight_smile:

Hi, Jason!

Thanks Anna. It’s like at communion when you drink the wine. You are taking in the blood of Christ. Well, the blood is His love. You are coming into union with Christ or becoming one with Him. When you first fall in love it puts you into a drunken stupor. So, it’s falling in love with love. Because Christ is love. :smiley:

I came to this world
riding a horse named love
every night is bright
with ecstasy and delight
since in my religion
the intoxication by
pure wine is allowed
you will never see
my lips gone dried

Rumi

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10269558_148517165527673_1621574321333542171_n.jpg?oh=cdc49a29b75825c81a7c1fad17dc83cb&oe=5750499A