The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Robin Parry: The Baptist Universalist (Elhanan Winchester)

, Robin Parry (aka Gregory MacDonald)"]“The Baptist Universalist: Elhanan Winchester (1751–97)”

at the Third Centre for Baptist History and Heritage Saturday Day Conference,

Regent’s Park College, Oxford

from 10.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. (I am lecturing from 11:15am to 12:15pm with 30 mins questions from 12:15pm to 12:45pm)

on Saturday 29 October 2011.

It’s free and anyone is welcome.If it’s going to be recorded, I’ll ask for a copy for us :sunglasses:

ooh…i wonder if i could make it to that! i love Oxford and would be a brilliant excuse to visit.

It would be awesome if you could, as I’m sure Robin would be encouraged to have supporters :slight_smile:

The Baptist Universalist.ppt (28.8 MB)

RAParry,CBHH3rdDayConf29.10.11.wma (17.7 MB)

I’ll probably skip over the lecture per se, as I not long ago finished reading his biography, but I’m very curious about the Q&A session. (I wonder what’ll play a windows media file on my Mac…)

VLC, which you should be using already :wink: :ugeek:

I guess his lecture ran so far over they skipped the QA period? Should have been 15 minutes remaining anyway though… (1 hour assigned for lecture, 30 minutes for QA, 1hr15min delivery.)

Jason

Just to let you know, I was at Robin’s talk in Oxford last year. The talk ran over time, and the Q&A session was very short as a result. There were only two, or possibly three, questions, as I recall – one, slightly flippant, about whether or not Winchester believed that all the dinosaurs and other animals which had ever lived would be included in the universal restoration of all things.

Apart from me, as far as I know all those present were Baptists, not Universalists (there were only about 15 of us), and so far as I could tell, while they were in no way hostile to Robin or to Winchester, they were all slightly bemused by the whole thing. Of course, I could be wrong. I only had time to say hello and well done to Robin before I had to shoot off myself.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Johnny