The Evangelical Universalist Forum

A Trinitarian Universalist Prayer

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Here is a prayer if you feel happy praying it:

Holy Father, you created all things through your powerful Word and your life-giving Spirit.
All that exists is from you and through you and for you and to you. You are the origin and destiny of this beautiful world.
Your creation is good and in your love, sovereign God, you will perfect that which you have made.
We are so grateful that the future of the world ultimately rests in your hands and not ours.

Lord Jesus Christ, Word of God, we give you praise that through you the Father was reconciling the world to himself. In you there is healing, life, restoration, salvation, new creation.
Lord Jesus - our representative before heaven’s throne - your life, your death, your resurrection and your ascension are our salvation.

Spirit of Life, we thank you that you entice all creation towards its destiny in Christ. You are the power of resurrection and of new creation. You are leading our world to Jesus and, through him, back to the Father.

Triune Lord - we have been created and are redeemed by the Father, through the Son and in the Spirit. We hope for the restoration of all things to God, through God and in God. Ancient of Days, from start to finish it is all about you.

Amen
Posted by Gregory MacDonald at 3:05 PM
2 comments:
Jason Pratt said…
{{What your creation is good and in your love, sovereign God, you will perfect that which you have made.}}

Not entirely sure this sentence adds up grammatically. {editorial g} I’ve read it at least six times; and the best I can figure out, is that you meant to include a second ‘is’ along with the current one: e.g. “What your creation is, is good; and in your love, sovereign God, you will perfect that which you have made.”

JRP

July 13, 2008 1:05 PM

Rob G. Reid said…
Dear Gregory:

Just thought I would let you know; I have posted a discussion about the idea/ideas you propose in a conservative evangelical discussion community (granted atheists and others are represented there as well although they are rather lacking in number).

I thought you might be interested to join/read what is being said; I anticipate much reflection; and you will note I’m not “hostile” to your position.

theologica.ning.com/

July 13, 2008 10:40 PM