The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Second Edition of Inescapable

I’ve suggested:

Here’s that George Sarris video Alex mentioned, embedded for convenience:

Cindy Skillman asked:

My understanding, Cindy, is that Wipf and Stock will be putting out a kindle version of the book several months from now. Although the exact number of months now seems to escape me, my best recollection would be something like four to six months.

-Tom

Alex Smith wrote:

These are all very good ideas, Alex. But offhand, I’m not sure what is, and is not, legally permissible in this regard. It’s possible that Robin Parry would have a better understanding of this matter than I do.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Tom

Audible only sponsors recordings of books that are in the public domain (not copyrighted), hence we have all GMac’s books (or nearly), but none of CS Lewis’ books. So, if Tom wanted inescapable to be recorded, that would be something he and his publisher would need to talk about and make happen. Sometimes the author reads his own book; sometimes a professional reader might be hired, or of course it’d be possible to have a competent friend/acquaintance volunteer to read it.

Same with Robin’s work. If Robin and his publisher agree, they have the rights to do that but no one who doesn’t hold the copyright on a non-public domain book is permitted to release an audio recording of it, even a free one.

I think that either Toms or Robin’s books would do very well in a sound recording. Some books don’t; for example, a book with many scripture references where the verses themselves aren’t printed out. At any rate, it’s something I’d definitely love to have, but it’s up to the authors and anyone else (publishers) who have some legal right to say what happens with the book.

Any chance on an e version of the book?

Chris, that was my question too. Tom says yes, but it will be a couple of months. His answer is up above my last post (somewhere) :wink:

I’m guessing then that the link in the OP which says it’s available in 2 weeks would be the quickest way to get the book? But what about the one that says the book is available immediately but there is no link?

I’m eagerly looking forward to that new chapter Predestination to Glory! Hopefully it will arrive ASAP and I can read it over Christmas break (being in grad school leaves this as the ideal time to read and think about non pharmacy material).

Thanks, I emailed Robin so hopefully he’ll take look when he’s back from the US conferences (ETS & SBL), although I know there’s another very exciting project on the go (I’ll try to find out when it’s going to be public knowledge) :smiley:

Thanks, Alex, for posting that information on the availability of the second edition. As indicated in your post, the book retails for $29.00. Such a relatively high price is the downside of a print on demand method of publishing. The upside is that the book never need go out of print and thus does not have to be a best seller to stay in print. But in any event, I just noticed that Wipf and Stock also offers the book on its web site at a lower web price of $23.50.

Here is the relevant URL, which also offers some additional information about the book including some endorsements:

wipfandstock.com/the-inescapable … f-god.html

Thanks again, Alex.

-Tom

My copy is out for delivery today according to Amazon. Can’t wait. I ordered it only a few days ago, so that was quick. :smiley:

Thanks for posting, Catharine! I didn’t know they even had it in yet – just ordered it – can’t wait! :smiley:

Excited 10 copies of “The Inescapable Love of God” 2nd ed just turned up! Must get them to friends eager for theirs! :smiley:

Just wrote my amazon review for the second edition!

Nice one! Thanks for reminding me to do one when I’ve read it :slight_smile:

“The Inescapable Love of God” Kindle edition is now available!

Promptly kindled. :slight_smile:

Also, I feel like we ought to mention this on the billboard.

Wow – thanks for the excellent read, Dr. Talbott. I’d been putting off getting the 1st edition for a while, since the 2nd edition was rumored to be on its way; so was excited to hear about it being available.

It’s certainly helped solidify my confidence in the hope of a God Who is truly Love in many ways, Who will one day truly be All in All. Looking forward to reading it again, after loaning it to my wife. :slight_smile:

Just started reading this, love it thus far!