same-sex relationships

Here you can put questions to Tom or criticize some aspect of his view.

Moderator: tomtalbott

Re: same-sex relationships

Postby Origen; » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Cindy Skillman wrote:This is so not the point. I spent a couple hours writing and revising that this morning in the assumption that you intended to engage in meaningful discussion. I felt I owed you at least the benefit of the doubt. You are nit-picking and not even nit-picking at anything resembling a salient nit.

1. I never mentioned paper of any kind.
2. If you value your freedom from parenthood, do not use 'pulling out perfectly' as a birth control method.
3. If you engage in sexual relations with anyone infected by HIV (yes, even if he is circumcised), you not only put your own life and well-being at risk, but also that of anyone else with whom you subsequently engage in sexual relations.
4. If you want to keep this thread, watch what you say.

0/1. I guess what is simply sharing a few brief points one wants to share, or knitting, is in the eye of the beholder.

2. If one wishes to not get a girl pregnant, i suggest using the 7 sexual acts i referred to in the locked thread. Then there is no (zero) risk. Or use similar low risk activities. Or if engaged in high risk sex activities, don't rely on a condom alone, but add to it such things as, for example, coitus interruptus, the pill, being "fixed", etc. Then, if one knows what they're doing, there is virtually zero chance of a baby popping in or out.

3. For married or unmarried alike i'd suggest regular STI testing with proof shown to each partner. After all, many cheat. And who knows what your partner was doing before (or after) you met. Prostitution is kept in business mostly by married men whose wives generally don't know what they're doing. In addition to regular STI testing, informed proper condom use, coitus interruptus, circumcision & low risk activities reduce one's chances of contracting HIV & STIs in general. With low risk activities there's virtually no chance of contracting HIV, especially with condom use. Likewise with high risk sex activities combined with the aforementioned safe sex practices.

4. I leave that in the hands of zorchers & the Divine, but usually i don't post blindfolded. Other than that, how exactly does one "watch" what they say? Is there a list of precise rules & regulations on that somewhere? Or is it more a situation of feeling it out by trial, error, experience, locking & zorching? I wouldn't assume that i have any intelligence when it comes to this matter, but that you are speaking to a 13 year old, maybe even one who is somewhat mentally challenged.
Scholars Corner:
http://www.tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html

Minimal Statement of Faith for Evangelical Universalists:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=57
Origen;

Postby davo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Origen; wrote:I wouldn't assume that i have any intelligence when it comes to this matter,…

Why limit yourself to “this matter”… :lol:
“...the power and mercy of God’s grace is NOT limited to man’s ability to comprehend it...”
davo

Postby Origen; » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:03 am

davo wrote:
Origen; wrote:I wouldn't assume that i have any intelligence when it comes to this matter,…

Why limit yourself to “this matter”… :lol:

:lol:

Good one.

You shouldn't, but apply it quite broadly to the entire spectrum of that which is known & knowable.
Scholars Corner:
http://www.tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html

Minimal Statement of Faith for Evangelical Universalists:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=57
Origen;

Previous

Return to Questions and Critical Comments