The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Do You Think We Are Heading Towards A Totalitarian/Orwellian

Society where Christians will be censored for just about anything in our life times?

No.

No.

Can you give me a reason why you two said no? The reason why I started this thread is because I’m watching a Calvinist amill that’s been preaching a future totalitarian society that has nothing to do with Eschatology but what’s been going on in society today.

There was a Canadian professor(at least I think he is if I heard correctly)that had his Google accounts taken away from him because he refused to go along with the transgender pronoun stuff but he ended up getting his accounts back through friends of his and he’s basing stuff like this on a future NWO style of censorship for Christians and maybe other religions in the near future.

:question: Do you just believe everything you see or hear :question:

Isn’t this what people said in Germany before the rise of Adolph Hitler? I often hear people say, “Oh, it won’t happen in America.”, as if somehow we are immune to the evils of the world. This is probably what was also said in Israel some 2000 years ago. We all know how that turned out.
As Genesis 8:22 says, “While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night shall not cease.” I believe such things will continue to occur and reoccur. But as the Bible tells us, we should always walk in the light, come what may.

Well I can only give my opinion with regards to Australia, and probably Don’s with regards to Canada… but with Trump at the helm of America I guess anything could be possible.

Yes.

LOL

Sorry. I’m NOT a big “theological” fan (but a big “literary” Fan), of the Left Behind Series at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind. And I don’t think, that’s how things - will play out.

Unless God turns the worst - into Zombies. And we have a Zombie Apocalypse, like The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, or Z-Nation. I wouldn’t mind being around - for that. :laughing:

And I wouldn’t mind an Orwell future either. That is somehow reminiscent of The Terminator or the Matrix series. :laughing:

Actually, I might be VERY HAPPY…in a world of both elements. Where we have machines with artificial intelligence, holograms and Zombies - roaming the earth. At least, I can relate to them. :laughing:

But if all this thinking, is disheartening for you…then just watch TV evangelist - Joel Osteen - on TV :laughing:

Yes, only Mr. Trump could achieve that. A world where we have machines with artificial intelligence, holograms and Zombies - roaming the earth. :laughing:

https://i.giphy.com/media/8TRfrgKe1ndE4/giphy.webp

Society where Christians will be censored for just about anything in our life times?

Obviously we are nowhere near that now but this “hate speech” trend of limiting speech based on an arbitrary judgment of what defines it, can morph into something used to censor people who don’t fit an approved guideline.
The bible calls a lot of activities sinful that our culture glorifies so there may be a collision at some point.

I don’t think we are that far away at all, unfortunately. From our neighbors up North:

CANADA ON VERGE OF BANNING CHRISTIANS FROM PROFESSIONAL LIFE
Private Christian universities await a tense court battle.

The story:
frontpagemag.com/fpm/226515/ … -lea-singh

A little closer to home, if you’re an American:

"Over the past few months, we have finally entered the fully realized historical revisionism promised in George Orwell’s “1984,” in which the motto, “Who controls the present controls the past. Who controls the past controls the future,” was central to shaping the book’s dystopian world. In the book, history was continually being rewritten and re-promulgated to meet the political necessities of the moment. There was no history to be remembered, let alone lessons to be learned.

For all the talk of Trumpian bluster or exaggeration, there is only one group that seeks to systematically and violently achieve its goals here in the United States on a broad scale: the so-called “anti-facist” movement, now commonly called “Antifa.” And the goal? It’s not “anti-facist” or “anti-racist” as they attempt to portray themselves. It’s the systematic elimination of free speech, free assembly, and free thought via any means necessary, including violent protest, the media and Orwellian revisionism." - whole article is here: thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/t … ian-antifa

I tend to agree with davo and paidion from a global view, but here it the US, as daveB has stated we are in the battle of our lives in respect to left vs right. And the problem is, is that it puts many a Christian in a very tension filled situation.

For many, the sanctity of life, (abortion) has dominated their conscience, for others illegal immigration and the bleeding of the American tax dollars is a predominant issue, for others it is ‘Christianity in schools’ and the list can go on and on.

My view is that culture will evolve, and we will all be cultural ‘warriors’, in some context, but if we vote and the majority votes for the other side, (at least here in the US) we will ether have to accept the will of the people or start our own counter culture, (much like the left has already started here in the US.)

The understanding of what life is, and what it means is, I believe, inherently different for the right and left.

Thus a battle has begun :open_mouth:

Agreed. I appreciate observations from those of other cultures and politics; I read some Aussie newspapers now and then and some Canadian as well. And others, though not that often. And I read as much of the BBC as I can take, though their reportage is more and more advocacy journalism and op-ed, parading as ‘news’ imo.

But I’ve been yelling about things having to do with America. Being American, and being old enough that I was actually taught history (and lots of other stuff) that current generations are lacking, I and others like me can very easily see the erosion, in almost every part of the culture; furthermore the cause of the erosion is clear as well.

As things erode further, as I expect they will, more violence, both overt and hidden, will doubtlessly escalate. We will see how and where it ends at some point.

It’s a big picture, with lots of little pieces. Here’s one:

"Under President Obama, of course, the U.S. government pursued a similar policy toward Middle Eastern Christians. As of the beginning of 2015, reported the Daily Mail in September of that year, the U.S. had granted asylum to 4,200 Muslims but only 727 Christians. Lisa Jones of Christian Freedom International asserted that these numbers made “no sense”: “These are people from a Christian culture like our own that needs protection from ISIS… **While many more Muslims are granted asylum over here, Christians are being systematically exterminated.” In 2016, according to a Pew report, “about 99 percent of Syrian refugees admitted to the U.S. were Muslim, while less than 1 percent were Christian.” **

When Donald Trump announced shortly after his inauguration that he would be reversing this disgraceful policy – giving priority to Christian refugees from Muslim persecution and instituting “extreme vetting” for possible jihadists – all sane, decent Americans should have applauded. Instead, millions reacted in outrage at what their brainwashing by multicultural-minded news media, teachers, and professors led them to see as an expression of bigotry – confirming yet again that if Islam is the number-one enemy of Western freedom today, multicultural indoctrination in our own ranks is Islam’s most potent ally. " (Bruce Bawer)

Another nail in the coffin:

"This was the inevitable next step once Facebook (along with Google) began rolling “Fact Checks” into their system. Fact checking sites are partisan left-wing outlets whose claims have often been disproven. Some, like Snopes, are utterly unprofessional and have no credibility whatsoever. But now we move on to the next step in Facebook’s censorship.

Currently, we do not allow advertisers to run ads that link to stories that have been marked false by third-party fact-checking organizations. Now we are taking an additional step. If Pages repeatedly share stories marked as false, these repeat offenders will no longer be allowed to advertise on Facebook.
Now there are actual fake news sites out there. But partisan left-wing fact check sites frequently make false claims about conservative sites."

“Once Google begins taking similar measures, conservative sites will simply disappear from the internet. They won’t appear on social media or the search index monopoly that controls 80 percent of search traffic.
This is a serious threat to freedom of speech. It’s why the next battle will be to break up the dot com monopolies. And the battle is coming.”

-Daniel Greenfield

Which is why we should build robots with AI (i.e. Artificial Intelligence), to do the “fact checking”. This way, we won’t have a human bias - either left or right wing. :laughing:

Let the robocalypse begin!!!

That’s a nice dream. Meanwhile in the real world…

Speaking of the real world.

Well, this came to me today, from the Protestant site Patheos.

Trump Will Not Save You

It should be noted, that the author - like myself - was NEITHER a supporter of Trump or Hillary. And if we can have “left wing propaganda” and “right wing propaganda” - on this forum. We can also have “evangelical propaganda”. :laughing: