The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Seeing that Donald Trump is morally unqualified to be president John Piper explains how we should live:

desiringgod.org/articles/how-to-live-under-an-unqualified-president

I assume he wrote this at the beginning of Obama’s criminal enterprise as well? :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t know but it doesn’t change the fact that

Trump has publicly bragged about committing adultery.

Trump has mocked and disrespected women, the disabled, and even prisoners of war.

Trump has acted like a con artist (for example, Trump University).

Trump has acted like a demagogue, appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than rational arguments — notably in the debates.

Trump has acted like one who is shamelessly proud. He has boasted, “Nobody reads the Bible more than me.” Yet he said that he has never asked God or others to forgive him for anything.

I think George MacDonald was correct:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16196023_366451453734242_6182998779119288572_n.jpg?oh=58545136f463b86df74c8c1ddbb57147&oe=590E0491

SM - I did put a smiley face to get across the idea I was just joking with you.

I know all about Trump. Now I know he is our President, and even Piper admits that we need to render to Caesar etc etc. I think our Christian walk and duty is the same no matter who is President.

1 Like

Well said Dave. But a lot of Christians don’t react the same way. I think Piper’s advise is right on target.

I agree that he does give some very scriptural and good advice there!

Don’t know but it doesn’t change the fact that

Trump has publicly bragged about committing adultery.

Trump has mocked and disrespected women, the disabled, and even prisoners of war.

The folks knew all this and voted for him! Also let’s remember that Moses was a murderer and David was an adulterer and probably a murderer and Paul tried to and may have murdered Christians. Speaking of Presidents how did Bill Clinton treat women and what was that Clinton Foundation for? What a coincidence it’s funds are drying up now! How did Hill handle national secrets? Was FDR faithful, how about JFK? The list goes on!

That’s why I think George MacDonald was correct:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16196023_366451453734242_6182998779119288572_n.jpg?oh=58545136f463b86df74c8c1ddbb57147&oe=590E0491

That’s why I think George MacDonald was correct:

Yes that makes sense! George Washington couldn’t wait to leave.

:laughing:

I think that’s true. The ''Want to ’ part is important - there are leaders that don’t really want to be leaders but due to necessity of some sort do take the responsibility.

Somebody’s got to be a Donald Trump. :smiley:

Proverbs 21:30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.’ ~~ God’s providence will prevail!

Proverbs 21:30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.’ ~~ God’s providence will prevail!

Amen! but i do wonder if God’s plan is flexible depending on how we respond? Probably to some extent!

I think we should give the man a chance. And I picked out a song, to dedicate to him. :smiley:

Predestined

Letting go I abandon myself to You
Powerless before Your glory I sing
In a predestined union You foreknew
Breathless, a sweet joy that You bring

Fore loved in this beautiful intimacy
Dead to myself forever lost in You
Longing of my heart turns to ecstasy
In a fateful of union tried and true

Without a doubt we were meant to be
For You satisfy my heart’s longing thirst
With a beauty my eyes are open to see
My only lovely, above all You are first

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16195260_366776570368397_2872050824104582152_n.jpg?oh=2ba0c9096bb3292b2b539f8fec689a6e&oe=59181A69

I think we should give the man a chance. And I picked out a song, to dedicate to him. :smiley:

I remember you were a HUGE Trump guy, HUGE!!! BTW Fogerty was/is fantastic!

My view is that from all the sermons and interviews I’ve seen and listened to of Piper, in Mr. Trump, we got the better man. (For President!) :open_mouth:

Or we could have gotten a new Twilight Zone episode :exclamation: :laughing:

Is it possible you may have some liberal tendencies?

Trump -VS- Piper. Trump wins in every category, as I said… AS President.

Also, as to the OP, I think to make a statement(s) like that before the man is even sworn into office is absurd and borderline divisive. His (Pipers)moral ranting only show his legalistic Christian :confused: mindset.

Time will tell, and we all may be surprised. :smiley: