The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

I’m all for prescription drug prices going down. And I’m all for generics being available - at reasonable prices. But I - for one - don’t agree with prescription drugs, are the BEST solution. I’m all for medical doctors, doing their tests and stuff. And go to the hospital - for emergencies. But we have ancient medical traditions - Like traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda and homeopathy. And we also have spiritual healing modalities - like they have, on the Native American red road. ALL these avenues should be used.

And my zombie friends, NEVER take prescription drugs - for some strange reason… And they have NEVER felt MORE ALIVE :wink:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/plantsvszombies/images/c/c4/Salvaged.gif/revision/latest?cb=20170611034127

That’s all very well if you have a cold or a sore back, Randy. There are actually quite a huge number of illnesses that Ayurveda, etc. cannot touch. I’m pretty sure no Ayurveda practitioner could have saved my husband’s life–but a Mayo Clinic doctor did just that, with the help of the bone marrow donor (my husband’s son–which a year earlier would have been considered impossible). It was the so-often vilified modern medical sciences that discovered this brand new treatment. Waiting around for some folk medicine cure would have been fatal. Don’t get me wrong. It’s great fun to read about these things, and fine to try them. Just don’t try it for the things that are likely to kill or permanently harm you. (Unless you’re already a zombie of course! Then as you will…)

Hi Cindy. I did say that emergency medicine is useful. And one should use it - in emergencies. And one should have all the medical tests needed.

But:

I’m helping to edit a multi-volume homeopathic repertory. It’s a five-volume set and I’ve known the author - a long time. Many things have been treated - by this modality. Even after the traditional medicines failed. Listen to YouTube song youtu.be/9wX5AswH2wM.
And I spent time with this saint and authors, from the book at amzn.to/2DrPzkK
In another thread here on Theosophical Society videos, I mentioned a book by Quentin Young. The book is on Amazon at amzn.to/2rle0eE. I have known him for years and have been to his lodges for years. He relates two stories, of a man and a boy - with terminal cancer. And they got permission to do a sacred pipe ceremony. In both cases, cancer disappeared after four days.
In another instant, I have spent many years - with Roman Catholic priest Father A. He has the gift of healing and hearing the voice of God. Now there is a female lady, at his healing masses. She had terminal brain cancer. All the traditional doctors said nothing can be done. And she went to a sacred Catholic site, where Mary supposed to have appeared. She was healed. And all the RC doctors - investigated this. And she now has, the gift of healing.

And that’s NOT excluding my research, into the Bruno Groening Circle of Friends (bit.ly/2mMNXaA). Or Japanese healing modalities, of Sukyo Mahikar and Johrei.
Etc.
See, I’m PRAGMATIC. The Native Americans - following the spiritual ways…They have no problem, going to the traditional doctors and hospitals. But they will also, take part in the spiritual ceremonies, prayer and consult the medicine men and women - in the Native tradition. Just as those who are Christian, would honor both the pipe and the Catholic mass.

And I would argue…if a person was using modalities like Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and homeopathy - throughout their life. Then they would have statistically fewer incidents - of the serious diseases.

And there’s NO conflict, between the Red Road (Native American), Bruno Groening or Japanese light modalities…and the Christian faith. I know folks who are devote Roman Catholics and follow these healing ways.

Amen.

Well, that’s EXACTLY what I have done. Field research, to see if the OLD healing modalities and spiritual ways…areas EFFECTIVE as the new ones. And they ARE.

But I’m also PRAGMATIC. Use the NEW ways. And use the OLD ways. There doesn’t have to be - a necessary conflict of interest.

Let’s run a simple test. The next time you have a health or other crisis…do what you NORMALLY do - medically and spiritually. But add this SIMPLE Fox Golden Key reflection at youtu.be/wbK4_yMFIQc - to the mix.

Hum! I wonder what it’s harder, to convince folks of? The reality of spiritual healing and ancient healing modalities? Or the tribulation and the Zombie Apocalypse? :laughing:

Let’s dedicate a song to this. :laughing:

Now that the US government has “officially” shut down. Let’s dedicate a song, to getting them operational again. :laughing:

Footnote: I blame BOTH Democrats and Republicans - for this shutdown. If I’m alive during the tribulation and the Zombie Apocalypse…I’ll find some way, to direct a herd or swarm of zombies - towards the Washington capital. They deserve it. :wink:

Hum! I wonder if that would make me a terrorist :question: :wink:

I don’t think he actually mocked a disabled person. He made the same hand gestures for Ted Cruz or someone like that. Nevertheless, we will never know what his true intensions were.

Good short essay from Malcolm Pollack at Motus Mentis:

malcolmpollack.com/2018/02/05/a-republic-if-you-can-keep-it-2/

Well that’s scary as hell, Dave. One more reason we have to win and send the power back to the states where it belongs. :frowning:

Yep. Though that means I might have to leave Orygun, since the disease has spread up north to us from down below. :slight_smile:

Sadly, yes. And it’s such a beautiful state. Of course if you cross the mountains you can join all the people on the lee side in seceding from the state. Just come up with a more imaginative name than “New Oregon,” please! OR you could all get together and take back the coast. It shouldn’t be too hard once they figure out nearly all the wine is made on the other side. :laughing:

Oh, no! :astonished: Does this mean the start, of the tribulation and the Zombie Apocalypse? :open_mouth:

If so, I’m going to stock up, with the Peter Popoff - miracle spring holy water. :wink: It’s time to stockpile it, folks :slight_smile:

Luckily, I watch the AMC shows, Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead. And the newly revived, X-Files on Fox. So I’m well prepared, to give folks here - guidance and direction. :wink:

Trigger warning: big laffs to ensue

Investigation Background

On November 8, 2016, the American people voted in the regularly scheduled U.S. election. The purpose of that election, as specified by applicable law (title 7 of the United States Code, Chapter 61), was twofold: (1) to determine the proper size of the incoming Democratic majorities in the House and Senate, and (2) to coronate Secretary Clinton, blessed be Her Name, as Lord Madam Protector and Guardian of the Legacy of Barack H. Obama, May He Live Forever.

In the early hours of November 9, 2016, and notwithstanding applicable law, it was determined that the election results ran contrary to academic and media projections as well as the sincere hopes and desires of 100 percent of Americans that Democratic lawmakers speak to on a regular basis. These unforeseen deviations from an outcome that was otherwise guaranteed by political experts demanded the installation of a special prosecutor with unlimited authority, time, and resources to determine the obvious and flagrant illegalities that gave rise to this electoral defilement.

Investigation Update

Extensive research by Democratic staff of the HPSCI — research that includes a thorough review of classified intelligence, deep background sources, Wikipedia, and Salon.com — reveals highly sensitive and groundbreaking facts that were omitted from the Republican staff’s now-declassified memo, which was a filthy, filthy abomination.

These additional facts include:

That foreign governments, among them both our adversaries and our friends, were keenly interested in the outcome of the U.S. election and were tracking its progress through clandestine sources and methods. Also, water is wet.
That at least one of these foreign governments attempted to influence the outcome of the election, something that has never ever before occurred in American history (other than the infamous “Portuguese Witchcraft Ring” uncovered in the months following the failed 1840 reelection campaign of Martin Van Buren, and the subsequent arrest of Lisbon-born apothecary magnate Carlos de Ferro Santa Rita das Sousa Silva la Marilia and his Hungarian-American mistress who conducted espionage from deep cover within the Department of the Post Office).
That senior leaders at the DOJ and FBI, and all of their spouses and children and extended family members and neighbors, made approximately eleventy-trillion dollars worth of cash contributions and in-kind service donations to the campaign of Secretary Clinton (blessed be Her Rightful Realm), but that Democratic staff’s analysis shows conclusively that this donation pattern had nothing to do with the actions taken by these DOJ and FBI officials in the months leading up to the 2016 election.
That there is something called a “Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court,” but blabbidee blee blah blah.
That the release of the GOP memo resulted in a dangerous acceleration of the pace of climate change.
That going on primetime television and screaming the word “Russia” over and over again while hyperventilating into a paper bag results in positive polling for the Democratic Party and bodes well for the upcoming midterm elections.
Conclusion

The Democratic staff of HPSCI is committed to uncovering all of the facts related to this investigation and following them wherever they may lead, so long as the place to which they lead conforms with our pre-determined conclusion that Mr. Trump and all of his subordinates committed an impeachable and felonious crime of some kind, and that each additional half-second of his presidency constitutes a mortal danger to every person on Planet Earth.

UNCLASSIFIED

thefederalist.com/2018/02/07/nyt … -on-trump/

Hopefully, none of this will trigger the tribulation and the Zombie Apocalypse :wink:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/plantsvszombies/images/0/06/Breakdancer.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151016173608

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Alas, so true. :unamused:

Trump Praises Wife-Abuser and says nothing about the abuse accusations:

cbc.ca/news/world/rob-porter-trump-1.4528616

We’re now at the ridiculous point of calling someone guilty who has only been accused, not proven to be guilty.

I’m sure that Trump approves of and no doubt celebrates wife-beating :unamused: , and I’m sure that Portman’s ex-wife is telling the truth, along with all the other women coming out against rich and powerful men and gladly taking money to keep silent.

If there has been real abuse, there is no excuse; but I don’t see much way of investigating claims from 20 or more years ago - he said/she said .-

People’s lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2018

Well said Don!

This whole “me too” thing is way out of hand. This guy (who hardly anyone had ever heard of before) is being used by the media as yet one more stick to beat DJT with (The media, in case you hadn’t noticed, don’t care WHAT they say. They shout accusations from the mountaintops and then whisper retractions at wee-dark-o’clock.) AND WE DON’T EVEN KNOW IF THE MAN ACTUALLY DID ANYTHING. His ex wife accused him. Apparently his other ex wife also accused him. Why, pray-tell didn’t they file charges when it allegedly happened? Or at least, bring it up in divorce proceedings? Ex spouses aren’t always people who wish us well. Sometimes they lie about us. Personally I think there’s good reason for the law to enforce a statute of limitations on this sort of thing. The reason being (at least in part) that letting such a long time pass between purported offense and accusation, makes it impossible in most cases for the accused to defend him or herself from the accuser.

President Trump has no business weighing in on a case which no one save the parties involved can know (and probably will ever be able to know) the truth of. They sent the man away, or at least he resigned. Everyone says they’re shocked because based on his present character (so far as anyone could see), he’s not a person any of them would have expected to have done such a thing. You want the president to pile on, making baseless accusations, bearing what can only for him be false witness against the guy? Why would you demand such a thing? I’m angry that the present political climate makes it impossible for them to do the right thing and keep him on unless the charges can be substantiated beyond a reasonable doubt. A picture of a woman with a black eye means very little. I’ve had a few black eyes (some people for whatever reason like to take pictures–ugh!) No one has ever hit me in the face (aside from one clumsy sparring partner who was very sorry and embarrassed (no black eye from that one)). My mom had surgery on her nose and wanted pictures of her horrible black eye, which I took. I do not understand this, but it seems to be fairly common. I don’t want anyone seeing the pictures, because they’d probably think I did that! :open_mouth: If I were to run for office somewhere, someone would no doubt be looking for something just like that to bludgeon me with.

Evidence has been uncovered of lawyers paying women, SEEKING women to tell stories about DJT. That’s not speculation. It’s proven fact. I know you won’t have heard about that, Paidion, because the media you watch will not have mentioned anything but the accusations. Destroying people is highly profitable lawyering in the United States. Some things can’t be unsaid–especially when the people with the microphone and the currently favored agenda get to do all the saying. Note the sudden silence re: Judge Moore of Alabama (who yes would probably have made a less-than-superlative senator). All of a sudden when he lost, all accusations have simply melted away. Isn’t it remarkable? Nobody cares about those poor little girls from thirty some-odd years ago. Amazing. People who don’t like you aren’t going to accuse you of putting your plastic in the wrong recycling bin. They’re going to find some really nasty stuff to plaster all over your reputation. The absolutely worse thing they believe they can make stick–that’s what they’re going with.

1 Like

Well, I did it. With the services being monitored - by advertisers, I took the plunge. NOT that I’m doing anything illegal or immoral - mind you. :smiley:

Even though I am behind a router, there was an add for Nordvpn. I’ve signed up for the service - via the TV special. PC Mag also gave them, the best rating at goo.gl/xQJ6ym.And the English company Sophos is normally set for business But they have a free home service. And as an early adopter, they gave me a free 30-day test drive - of their home premium. I like it so much - along with the price and features…I will sign up for it.

Firefox and Google Chrome - are both installed. There are good plugins out. For example:

HTTPS Everywhere
Mcafee Site Advisor
Ad Block Ultimate
Adquard
Ghostery
Lastpass
Data Saver
Avast Security Plugin

Of course, nothing beats using “safe computing” habits and methods. :laughing:

Now I am in Nerd Heaven. :laughing: