The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Addictions - A Worship Disorder

Studies have shown that there is a genetic predisposition to becoming an alcoholic. But they also show that these predispositions don’t FORCE one to become an alcoholic. Really it doesn’t matter if it’s genetic but what matters is focusing on the solution not the problem. I know for me I use to be in love with alcohol. I worshipped that stuff. My whole life revolved around it. But now I worship a Higher Power I chose to call Christ. I’m like those in A.A. and N.A. and believe in total abstinence. The reason why is because every time I drink I end up at the crack house with no money in my pocket the next day. It’s terrible. Moreover, after all the hell I’ve been through with drugs I’ve come to hate it with a passion. So much so that I’m repelled by it. I’m happier without it. As they say in the N.A. group I go to I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired. :smiley:

At least you took at stance, Michael, and it was successful. My brother was unable to make it. But at least he tried. Today we have better scientific and medical research on additions. There are many encounter groups in churches these days. And organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous and the Salvation Army, are doing fine work. As well as medical facilities that specialize in additions.

Hey Randy my good buddy,

My grandpa was an alcoholic and just quit. Don’t know how he did it. But I like what you say about N.A. I know a 90 year old man who walks around like he’s 50. Been sober for 30 years and drank most of his life. He’s a firm believer in A.A. Goes to a meeting at noon every day. Which is where I’m headed now. Talk to you again soon.

What’s not known, Michael, is that the author Ayn Rand (author of the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged - fine works of literature), was a smoker of many years. She is an atheist and developed lung cancer. She asked the doctor if quitting might help. The doctor said yes. And she just quit - without any relapse. So some folks probably just have the will power. Ayn later died. So I can’t say what the difference is between Any, the examples you cited, or my bother - now deceased. Or why folks like Viktor Frankl can survive in a Nazi concentration camp - while others stop trying.

Well, I can only say that for me it was God. God sent St. Michael to save me here recently. I spent three months contemplating spiritual things here recently. I lost 50 pounds and did battle with my ego (Satan). St. John of The Cross describes it as being like Jonah was - in the belly of a whale. That’s how it was for me. All your sins come to the surface and torment you as you undergo purgation. It’s a painful crucifixion with Christ as you are baptized and resurrected to new life.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/10583918_175383322841057_8668285698877049467_n.jpg?oh=695b157620156c28341897bcdc009c08&oe=574FB10F

I wrote about this here Randy:

There were four blood moons the past two years. I saw the last one in September. September is the month of my birthday. It’s also the day when the year of Shemittah began as it was tied in with the blood moons. There were four cups of wine at Passover before the judgment and crucifixion of Christ. The fourth cup that Jesus drank from in His suffering and death is the Holy Grail. The cup of wrath that was poured out fills up with the blood of Christ. This is His love or the cup of our salvation for us. I was in faith union with Christ and judged during my “Day Of Judgment”. What Satan meant for evil God meant for good. For the Year of Jubilee was also tied in with the blood moons and was the 40th from the time of the crucifixion. 40 which means redemption. This also began in September - the month of my Birthday. Incidentally, the feast of Michael and the angels is in September. My first name is “Michael” and my last name is “Houx”. “Houx” is French and means holly tree or holy tree. Like St. Michael the French holly is used to fight off and defend against evil. Moreover, France is where the Catholics honor St. Michael the Archangel. Likewise, September is the day that classes start to become Catholic here in Ft. Worth. My painful day of judgment and crucifixion with Christ was also my baptism and new birth with Christ. The Catholics have a picture of St. Michael holding the scales of justice crushing Satan’s head. See below on the “Holy Grail”. The scales of justice are also my birthday sign “Libra”. When you are born again God gives you a new name. Saul was changed to Paul. My spiritual name would be Michael. No, I’m not saying that I’m literally Michael the Archangel. But I’m in union and think he may leading me to the Catholic faith. I discovered all this information after my judgment and redemption. So, it’s got to be valid.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12809560_177608089285247_3498632942514882113_n.jpg?oh=c814f42f5e52511f37ef39b345425630&oe=576AC835

The Holy Grail

The scales of justice balance in September
As Michael crushes Satan’s head in death
Ego is cast out, the new self is in union with Christ
Flames of torment destroy the self of the old
I stand on this Holy Mountain of God crucified
Baptized into water, death, and fire, I’m made new
The cup of the Holy Grail infuses precious stones within
As I become drunk on the Beautiful cup of blood
Victory reigns at the core in the Holy land of Eden
In celebration of the marriage with the Lamb
I have fallen madly in love with love

My crucifixion with Christ was a sweet intense pain. What Satan meant for evil God meant for good. But Satan was defeated and cast out by St. Michael.

Check this out Randy :smiley:

Hi, Michael. You did say you are considering becoming a Roman Catholic. But you are also visiting an Evangelical Universalist forum. Are you also a universalist or looking into it?

There’s a Roman Catholic church here that I attend who are Universalists. I’m a Catholic Universalist. Or going to be. They allow for my interpretations. I’ve showed my “Holy Grail” poem above to a priest and he loved it with a big smile. :smiley:

Here you go Randy,

Purifying Judgment (Baptism In Fire)

The Bible tells us that God is the Savior of all, ESPECIALLY them that believe. Faith is for this age not the next. For those who don’t have faith in this age they will suffer in the lake of fire. But will be saved. The Bible also speaks of the present Heavens and Earth being destroyed or perishing in fire. But it also says there will be a New Heaven and Earth. This is the same for those in the lake of fire. Just as those who are crucified with Christ have faith and are baptized into Christ’s death and with water as the old sinful self is destroyed those in the lake of fire are baptized in fire as the old sinful self is destroyed. The gates of the city remain open forever as the Bible tells us they will never be shut. Those who are destroyed and baptized in the lake of fire come into the city to quench their thirst with living water as God reconciles all to Himself. It tells us in Colossians that God created all in heaven and earth and will reconcile all. Satan, evil, and the old sinful self are destroyed in the lake of fire.

Randy,

I was just at the Catholic bookstore telling this story about St. Michael, Holy Grail, etc., etc. to the lady who works there and a customer was overwhelmed by it all. She bought me a St. Michael neckless. :smiley:

Very good, Michael! There is also a Catholic book and religious supply store, in an adjacent city - to where I live. My favorite Catholic and Orthodox saint is St. Jude - the patron saint of “hopeless cases”. As someone trying to be faithful to both the holy Fools and Nerds traditions, St. Jude is a natural selection for me. :smiley:

If that’s what works for you Randy that’s great.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12717934_178025755910147_6935533684577508633_n.jpg?oh=d8ce2d20d0301ec2146e56af4677ccff&oe=5755EC7C

Here you go Randy,

BLOOD RED MOON UP IN THE SKY!!!

When a recovering drug addict is alone and isolated he is trapped with a dangerous person. By sharing our problems with other recovering drug addicts who can relate and help us, we move out of the problem and into the solution. A problem shared is a problem cut in half. And a problem solved is no longer a problem. - Bob Tolin

You Don’t Have to Act Crazy Anymore

By Hafez

You Don’t Have to Act Crazy Anymore –
We all know you were good at that.

Now retire, my dear,
From all that hard work you do

Of bringing pain to your sweet eyes and heart.

Look in a clear mountain mirror –
See the Beautiful Ancient Warrior
And the Divine elements
You always carry inside

That infused this Universe with sacred Life
So long ago

And join you Eternally
With all Existence – with God!

One more thing Randy,

I got this awesome book when I was at the Catholic bookstore the other day. It’s WONDERFUL. It’s on spiritual warfare and defeating evil spirits, sin, and Satan in your life. It’s not talking about battling PEOPLE but it’s a spiritual warfare.

http://www.spiritdaily.com/bklgthecathoicwarrior.jpg

:smiley:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/3b39f49b313bb9850cb046f155ead5f1/tumblr_mowvsvINlS1so22nbo1_1280.png