The Evangelical Universalist Forum

I'm Saying Goodbye (The Prince Of Paradox)

I wanted to share this once again before I say goodbye. Thank you Jason for letting me come here and work through my issues over the years. I believe you are a good man even though I believe now in a universalism that encompasses all the mystics of all religions. Thank you to everybody who has helped me. I have been off my medicine for four months and I am doing 100 % better. It has been a long ride and journey. The time has come for me to go. It’s been a long journey but I think I’ve come to it’s end. I use to argue with people and study philosophy and science all the time. I got into it with the Astrophysicist Dr. Ross on the Radio one time and I snapped. We went from everything from time to eternity. When they took me to the hospital I could not think straight. My mind was spinning a thousand miles an hour. I was seeing beams of light going though my head. I was incoherent. We must do away with the doctrine of eternal suffering. It has caused me much pain and abuse. The conclusion I’ve come to is this. Logic is good in areas like math and science but when we are dealing with ultimate reality it is limited. The reason why is because ultimate reality is paradox. The world cannot be pieced together in one coherent worldview. There are too many different ways of looking at something. That is sanity. There are truths and they clash. That’s the way it is.

This has definitely been true for me.

Be blessed brother!!

Thanks Davo!!

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11899853_159158194417286_2203627543844682139_n.jpg?oh=da337d251835f38f45d1dbc7c93b6173&oe=56B1AF36

Reality Shift

Reality shifts within my mind
The light of my soul goes dark
The suffering of my soul intensifies
Fear grasps my heart as I go paralyzed
Unable to relate nothing makes sense
The world clashes inside my head
I then let go of strict duality
As my spirit opens up to reality
I see what was once insanity
Becomes wonder, paradox, and mystery
It’s here that I hold opposites together
Within the world, my heart, and soul

I’ll leave you with this song. This is K.B. singing a song to his baby daughter telling her he is falling in love with her. It’s a wonderful little tune. One of my favorite. :smiley:

Actually, I do believe in the mystic experiences of all traditions and that they are valid. It’s like the Catholic writer describes in the book The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the World’s Religions by Wayne Teasdale. It is Christ and his sacrifice that facilitates the path to see the light. And I can experience that light in a Christian setting (i.e. Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Quaker mysticism). Or in the traditions of Native American spirituality, Zen, Vipassana, yoga or Sufism. It’s like learning languages. If I can converse and understand languages like Russian, Mandarin, French, Portuguese and Spanish, it helps to converse and write better in English. But Christ is still the springboard. As opposed to something like religious Puralism, where all religions lead to truth.

Very good point Randy. I like that. Thank you for telling me that. That is wonderful. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Yq3JuKY2kQ#t=0

:laughing: Classic!! Love it!