The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Hating Chocolate Ice Cream

I hate chocolate ice cream. I hate it so I don’t eat it. That doesn’t make me crazy. I can despise murder but not be crazy as well. I don’t have to be angry to hate something. I hate it when it’s cold outside. That doesn’t mean I have to be angry about it.

:smiley:

Wonderful! :smiley:

Looking back into the Levitical laws of Moses, we find foods that are forbidden to eat and ones that are not. For example, Leviticus 11:13 says “And these you shall regard as an abomination among the birds; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, the vulture, the buzzard.” Moses wasn’t saying that one is not to eat these birds literally, but instead he was referring to them in a spiritual sense. These are birds of prey, so we should not be preying upon others or taking part in the activities of people who do. As time went on, these laws were misunderstood, being taken literally. Those in power were forbidding people to eat certain foods and saying this is what God commanded. Although it may be practical not to eat certain foods for health reasons, this wasn’t what Moses was talking about. Jesus straightened this out in Mathew 5:11 when He said that it’s not what goes into a person’s mouth that defiles you.

You seem to be using “hate” in two different senses:

1. To strongly dislike.
    This is the sense in which you are using it when you say you “hate” chocolate ice-cream, or “hate” it when it’s cold outside. You are right in saying that you need not be angry about such things as the presence of chocolate ice-cream, or about cold weather.

2. to hold an intense hostility toward.

In the second meaning, hate is usually directed toward a person or a specific group of people. This intense hostility usually involves anger.

Hey Paidion, not Really. I can say Man I hate chocolate Ice cream. And not be mad at all.

Hey LLC, I’m not preying on anybody. I’m just doing better now. That’s the God’s honest truth. I think we can hate things and not necessary be angry. I can hate it when it’s cold outside. It’ comes in different degrees but if I’m balanced I won’t get upset about it.

Isn’t that exactly what I said in my post above concerning sense #1 of “hate”? Otherwise I would not have said, “You are right.”

I guess I misunderstood. Sorry buddy.

Hi, guys! I have a question and it’s not kinda related to the topic. I just want to know, have you heard about cannabis butter/oil? Its a thing now. I read that Medical marijuana is a very old medicinal herb that has been used for thousands of years to treat a great variety of ailments. Cannabinoids, have been shown to have anti-bacterial, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and anxiety reducing properties that have helped a great deal in several illnesses. Like this article www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-cannabis-yield-how-much/. I wonder if someone can teach me how to create an infused cannabis chocolate ice cream. I highly appreciated all your help. Thanks!

You can always give it, to the zombies from Z-Hell (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).

I know this is an old thread. But in my opinion, “medical marijuana” is a farce. It’s an excuse to experience the effects of the weed.

Any medical benefits that might accrue can be obtained from standard medicine.

1 Like

Paidion to Klemens468

I beg to differ. Medical marijuana has been practiced, for centuries - by the Chinese and Native Americans. And in the US - in the individual states, where it is legal - you need to have a physician’s approval and prescription.

So my advice? You should first be in a state or country, where it is legal. And consult a traditional medical doctor, before using it.

Same goes for any plant medicine, like Ayahuasca and Peyote. When it should only be used, under the guidance and direction - of REAL Native American medicine people. Where it is legal and you will get proper guidance.

And - as usual - I give my standard CIA style answer. I can neither confirm nor deny, whether I have ever used…any plant medicines, for sacramental, medical or recreational use.

Modern medicine is in it for the dollars - period. It has great benefit, via the medical tests and emergency medicine. But disciplines like homeopathy, Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine…has been used for centuries. ALL have their places and purposes…along with prayer and spiritual healing.

So how can they be combined?

Let’s look at some simple examples:

• Brushing teeth. Modern mouthwashes and fluoride toothpaste, are great. But they don’t really prevent gum disease. So you mix a traditional toothpaste - like Crest…with an Ayurveda toothpaste. Brush the gums also

• .Flu. I got the traditional, senior flu shot. But when I got the flu, I also took a homeopathic combo of Influenza, bacteria, and Oscillococcinum‎ homeopathic nosodes…along with drinking TCM Triple Leaf, cold and flu tea.

• Medical pot is great for pain, and side effects of cancer (and other diseases) - via traditional medical therapies.

• Etc.

I know all that. But my point remains. People do it, not because other medicine won’t work, but because they want to get high.

I knew an alcoholic who carried a bottle with him wherever he went. He always referred to it as his “medicine.”

1 Like

I know everybody’s different but using marijuana (not for medicinal purposes) for me, exacerbates my schizoaffective disorder. It makes me self-conscious and paranoid.

As in the movie

They yell:

Show me the money!

I yell:

Show me the statistics!

And I suppose ALL the traditional medical doctors, prescribing medical pot for various diseases…don’t know what they are doing…and are just in it, for the money - right?

Anyway, I have been around enough Native American, Ayahuasca and Peyote ceremonies. And I can neither confirm - nor deny - whether I have ever participated. But I can attest to this. Nobody ever attended these ceremonies, in the Native World - to “get high”.

And if a person is in intense pain, from either cancer or the treatment of cancer (radiation, chemotherapy, etc.)…And traditional painkillers DON’T work…rest assured, they won’t try medical pot - to “get high”!

Anyway, I know a “little bit” about ancient healing modalities, spiritual healing, statistics and Native American ceremonial ways. And the people seeking these methods and ways. Just as you know a “little bit”, about Koine Greek. Like I go to the VFW in Illinois. And I talk to some of the vets, who have a debilitating disease. And those on the Illinois, medical weed program. Not one has said they went to it, to get high. And ALL have said, it has helped them…with either the debilitating disease or the resulting pain.

Even if we accept, that some come to the program - to get high. What percentage? It can be as low as 1 - 2 percent. That’s why we need studies, polls and statistics!

And I leave everyone, with an informative article:

How to use medical cannabis without getting high

Anyway, tonight is the start…of the new, Walking Dead season on AMC. That’s zombies, for the lay folks.

And I’m joining Socrates and Frankenstein, to watch it. Socrates promises some good wine and “interesting” stuff to smoke! And this might help me to understand…some of the theological and philosophy discussions here.

Interestingly, as to the OP, I love chocolate ice cream. I love most ice creams…