The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Schizoaffective Disorder

For those of you who don’t know I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder years ago. But I have been off my meds for the past 4 months and I’m doing great. No mood swings or racing thoughts etc. etc,. I’m focused, happy, and my mind is clear. I feel whole and complete. I’m not taking Niacin or any other herbal supplements. I think I have finally broke through this thing. My faith is strong and I’m going good. Here’s one of my favorite songs written by Tripp Lee that brags on King Jesus. Tripp Lee was greatly influenced by J.I. Packer’s “Knowing God” and John Piper’s “When I Don’t Desire God: How To Fight For Joy”

Hey Michael- So awesome!!! Thank you for sharing I am sure it must be a wonderful experience to feel free from the effects of the disorder. I hope things just stay on a smooth course for you as life carries on :smiley:

Hey Robert! Thank you. Yeah. It didn’t happen over night. No more garbage in my head. I try to stay away from violent and filthy movies and music. I’ve been putting beautiful things into my spirit. I don’t have any side effects from the medication anymore either. I feel clean. :smiley: