The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

That’s what I thought, and that’s fine.
I assure you that I think for myself as best I can - and at this time it appears to me that Leftists - not liberals, true Lefties - are outta their minds, have no sense any longer of civil discourse, rely entirely on the politics of identity, and will lie or anything else to pursue their vision.
I say that as a neutral party, Don - the only dog I have in the fight is trying to figure out what the hell the truth is.

I am not a white supremacist, nor KKK friendly, not racist to the best of my knowledge - in fact I detest all of those things.

If I seem far-right to you, it’s because I’ve pointed out the irrational and immoral conduct of the Leftists - not the liberals - which conduct will probably bring down the nation.

It’s kinda funny - the nation on earth that (almost) everyone wants to move to, is the nation the Left calls the most evil in the world. I cannot abide that kind of hypocrisy.

Sorry - almost got wound up there. :open_mouth: The lies, the race-baiting, the corruption of the school system all the way to the universities, the deliberate weakening of our national strength, the abandonment of the First Amendment - and on an on - well these things affect our lives, and we ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

I am not Far Right.

1 Like

Must I be far right to find this (and I can provide many more equally destructive accounts) troubling, and wondering what the agenda is:

Parents in Rocklin, California were horrified to discover that a teacher led a kindergarten-age classroom discussion on transgenderism that included introducing a five-year-old who was transitioning from male to female.

Children at Rocklin Academy were subjected to readings from two storybooks about transgenderism. At some point, the teacher introduced a classmate who changed clothes for the big gender reveal.

Click here for a free subscription to Todd’s newsletter: a must-read for Conservatives!

“These parents feel betrayed by the school district that they were not notified,” Capitol Resource Institute’s Karen England told CBS News in Sacramento. “The kindergartners came home very confused, about whether or not you can pick your gender, whether or not they really were a boy or a girl.”

Parents were not given advance notice of the lesson nor were they given the opportunity to opt-out of the classroom activity.

“My daughter came home crying and shaking so afraid she could turn into a boy,” one parent told CBS News.

The school district defended the lesson – saying the books were age-appropriate. The district also said under state law they are not required to notify parents when their children are being indoctrinated on gender identity. Additionally, the district said parents do not have the right to opt-out of the classroom discussions.

Teachers also defended the controversial classroom discussion.

“When we head in the direction of banned books or book lists, or selective literature– that should only be read inside or outside the classroom, I think that’s a very dangerous direction to go,” Kelly Bryson told CBS.

1 Like

This just came in, from the BBC News website:

Trump says he is willing to ‘close government’ to build Mexico wall

I am very happy to see this. It means we have elected a president, who sets his priorities straight :wink:

Of course, some here would call it “fake news” And ONLY Fox News, is capable of “journalistic objectivity” :wink:

Trump is sabre-rattling with an effective tactic of the past… “lügenpresse!!:unamused:

What about the Rocklin story?? Is this a trend, in the educational system, that’s just the new normal? Do Liberals embrace it? Do you?

Thank you Dave, for your explanations. I think we are on pretty much the same page concerning most of these matters. I, also, abhor age-inappropriate “sex education” and promotion of LGHBQZJPDVCKNXF (and whatever other letters I may have omitted). I also believe in non-controlling government that respects the individual and supports free enterprise and equal opportunity for all. I consider myself socially conservative in moral matters such as opposing abortion (particularly partial-birth “abortion”, which is actually infanticide) and not supporting homosexuality, while being a bit leftist in agreeing to government support of those needy persons who are willing to work, but do not have the opportunity (or in many cases the ability, due to health factors). I also believe in socialized medicine such as we have here in Canada. Without it I would have been bankrupt long ago.

Also I believe in a complete revamping of the money system. The present system in both our countries is based on debt. Money comes into existence as debt. When debt is repaid, that money goes out of existence. If somehow, all debt in our countries were paid, there would be no money left with which to purchase goods and services. The money in existence ought to BALANCE the goods and services available. That’s how most people think our present money system works, but that is not the case.

Thanks Don! I agree with you on those important things.

Yes, I know I link to some conservative sites. The reason is - they more often than not tell it like it is. And very very seldom do I hear any intelligent answers (from other types of sources) challenging them on the facts.
I’m not taking sides.
Consider for instance the following analysis of racism in the Democratic National Committee. There are facts all through the article, and I haven’t seen the BBC or any other trusted news source even comment on these things. Hatred for Trump or Trump’s hair overrides things that I consider to be truly alarming. This is a good article full of stuff that you don’t know. Is it worth knowing?

frontpagemag.com/fpm/267674/ … hn-perazzo

Ironically Trump did something to significantly undercut Russia and it barely been reported because it doesn’t fit the MSM agenda. Trump initiated the sale of natural gas to Poland which depends on Russia now for fuel. These sales of NG may lead to NG sales to Ukraine and other Eastern European countries as well as Germany. All the countries depend on Russia for fuel. Additionally Trump initiated sales of NG to India which has 20% of the world’s population. These sales actually are economically important to us and they are critical to the customers and they represent a subtle shift of power away from Russia and these events are occurring in the world of reality as opposed to the collusion story.

Well, I look at things this way. An intelligent person or person, will sort out - the wheat from the shaft. Reminds of of a jury trial, I just came from. Everyone in the jury, had some experience to contribute. And we all make the right decision - I believe.

I think you need to really look at things - from different perspectives. Like we did, in the jury trial. Or like here. I share things from the Calvinist site Got Questions. And they provide answers to Biblical questions. But they also provide commentary - from a Calvinist respective. Obviously, folks here have other perspectives. Many I would label as “non-traditional” or “minority viewpoints”. And if they search hard enough, they will probably find an outlet - for their viewpoints.

And here’s the thing. There were very expensive and good lawyers, representing both sides. And one side was very good at emotional persuasion. And the use, of what I call “stage theatrics”. Kind of like in the film, Now You See me at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_You_See_Me_(film). and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_You_See_Me_2

But in the end, we pieced together what happened. Actually, I had a dream - where I woke up, in the middle of the night. And I saw, how the puzzle - should be worked out. And everyone was in accord, with my “understanding”. And all had their own experiences, to add input to the equation. And everyone in the jury - reached “independent” conclusions. All in he same line - of understanding.

Now back to news stations. The question to ask, is this:

CNN probably caters to left wing folks.
Fox News caters to right wing folks.
The BBC News, caters to a global audience. See article bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/combined-global-audience. Where the 2015 estimate, is over 308 million.
Etc.

If you really want “objectivity”, you need to view multiple sources - like I do. BBC, CNN, Fox News, Etc.

Mr. Trump should be excited, he is getting so much coverage. It just goes to show you, that he is newsworty. :smiley:

CNN probably caters to left wing folks.
Fox News caters to right wing folks

CNN Probably??? It’s their business model, not even a secret!

. And we all make the right decision - I believe.

Hang em high!

. Obviously, folks here have other perspectives. Many I would label as “non-traditional” or “minority viewpoints”. And if they search hard enough, they will probably find an outlet - for their viewpoints.

Some viewpoints i consider hard to process but i have come to be more understanding of what i used to consider as simply crazy viewpoints.

Well, back to the trial. Now that I can legally talk about it. But I’ll give no real names - to protect the innocent.

A woman has an IRA. It’s worth about 400 K. And she has a son and daughter. Both have been a part of her life - for many years. But she gets sick and eventually dies of cancer. And the brother has a lawyer visit her and gets a power of attorney signed. And the attorney calls 2 witnesses - for the signature. Then the sisters share of the IRA - around 200 K - is signed over via an Ipad electronic signature.

And we see the brothers family take the stand. The wife crying at the good relationship, she had with her mother-in-law. And the 10 and 15 year old child, telling how they liked there grandma. And the defense lawyer, making all kinds of objections. All these things are very theatrical.

And you can draw your own conclusions. Like you do in the news media. Regardless of right wing or left wing.

But here’s what’s missing folks. And I’ll fill in the blanks.

The brother’s wife testified regarding bible study - with the mother-in-law. Well, this means she is a Christian. And a Christian doesn’t just throw the daughter aside, for no reason whatsoever.
Well, most folks can guess, what passwords people normally use. Or elderly folks share these passwords, so folks can help them out. So the brother could easily guess the password or already have it. But it this is a legitimate transaction, it should be handled - in the same manner as the power of attorney. You have the same or different attorney, come to visit the mother. They also are a notary republic. And they get 2 independent witnesses - from the hospital or nursing home. And bring a printed form to sign. This wasn’t done. Why not? When we are talking about a 200 k difference
Next you have the testimony of the sister. And she is a practicing Catholic - of many years. Well, a lie of this magnitude - is a mortal sin. And this would put a Catholic into deep trouble - upon a sudden death.
Then, the brother tells the sister and wife - not to visit the mother. It’s her wishes. Why didn’t they try harder, as the defense attorney asks? Because folks have different personality types. The sister and her husband, are passive personalities. The brother is an aggressive one or I believe the word is type A
Then the brother has said some statements, where he knew what he was doing. Like when he said, “I took my share” - to put the down payment, on a new house. He knows what’s going on.
Etc.

So the key is to pay attention. Look for what is NOT in the picture. NOT what a particular commentator or news agent - tells you. Or a particular attorney - tells you. Or even what a witness says.

Ask: What is wrong with the picture they are painting?

As to the OP, here’s someone actually worth your time reading.

frontpagemag.com/fpm/267676/ … d-horowitz

Sorry, Dave. I’m NOT very sympathetic, to all the BAD press - President Trump receives. And supporters - like yourself - have to find good articles, to bail him out.

All he needs to do is ACT presidential. How does he do that?

Read the speeches your speech writer writes
Follow the advice and counsel, of your public relations and marketing team
Have a social media professional, send out your tweets.

Same goes for the 53 year old lady, who claimed the largest US lottery prize. You jumped the gun too soon.

Did you consult an attorney?
Did you consult a financial adviser or advisers?
Did you consult an accountant?

In some states, you can be anonymous - in receiving a lottery prize.

So both President Trump and the lottery lady, have one thing in common. They are not listening, to professional advice and counsel.

The one thing most people lack - is wisdom. And it is prized very highly, in the Jewish, Christian, Native American spiritual and Buddhist traditions. And God promises to provide it - in the Christian scriptures - to those who ask.

The one thing most people lack - is wisdom. And it is prized very highly, in the Jewish, Christian, Native American spiritual and Buddhist traditions. And God promises to provide it - in the Christian scriptures - to those who ask.

James 1:5 - New International Version - If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Spot on dude! :smiley:

James 1:5 - New International Version - If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Spot on dude! :smiley:

So nice i thought i would say it twice! (Walt Frazier)

Okay, you did not read the article, which was not a defense of Trump - and Randy once again - I am NOT a supporter.
Really if you are going to criticize something, read it.

And one more time - maybe listen and learn: I am not defending Trump. We’ve been over this.

Part of wisdom is listening to those smarter and more experienced: so I referred to David Horowitz’s piece. You would learn something.