The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Totally agree with you on that.
We’ll have to assess the Democratic responses, especially early on, carefully. They are at their best with taking facts out of context and exaggerating. The Repubs I hope have a good communicator when it comes to painting the WHOLE picture.

Just saw this: "The audit also estimated that 15 million more people would be uninsured with the Senate legislation than under current law “primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

Nancy Pelosi may not be the most unbiased interpreter of the Bill. :laughing:

But she doesn’t read bills until after it passes! :laughing:

3 CNN employees resigning over retracted stories! Tip of the iceberg but maybe a sliver of hope!

The Bible doesn’t say much about the scope of government, but what little the it says about the obligations of rulers is definitely more pro-welfare state than pro-libertarianism…

As i said i think the theme of Jesus ministry and the kingdom of God was to voluntarily do the right thing like be merciful,feed the poor,love your neighbor etc. It was never about confiscating other people’s assets to forcibly redistribute and it’s different then the OT themes which was more about the nation of Israel not the kingdom of God through the coming of the Holy Spirit and the New Covenant.

qaz said:

Well, let’s start by actually loving our ’ neighbor’ no matter how stupid they are. No qaz you don’t have to let them live with you, and we can be merciful without letting them destroy our family, maybe turning them into the police as a last resort may be the best thing for them… And us.

I’m not sure of all the property rights stuff, but we can let the laws of the land do their thing, as we quietly do ours.

And the love of God will flow through all of our dealings. :laughing:

Now you know, why I love Zombies so much. If you can love them, you can love anybody. And when they become Zombies, they really are NOT Ivory League scholars. Far from it… :exclamation: :laughing:

Under Obamacare two new taxes were instituted which were a Medicare tax of 3.8% on investment income (cap gains,int,div) if your AGI was over 250K and another tax of 0.9% on investment income. Under this Repub proposed plan these two taxes would be eliminated after 5 years, so that is why “the left” calls this a tax break for the rich and once again they are outraged!

How does the world see President Trump? Here’s a BBC story, I’ve shared on Twitter today:

Trump causes ‘major’ shift in global view of US: Pew

I like the story, since it presents some good statistics and statistical charts. I think the word PEW in the title - says it all. :laughing:

Interesting, not unexpected. After the rolling-over-please-scratch-my-tummy of Obama’s reign, the switch to ‘America First’ is a bitter pill for many.

CNN exposed. Quote:
"For those of you who think you have seen it all…you haven’t seen ANYTHING yet.

Full video at the link below: veritaslive.com/06-26-2017/a … dacnn.html

— James O’Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) June 27, 2017
Project Veritas and James O’Keefe strike again. The revelation is one that isn’t particularly surprising. CNN’s people know that they’re pushing nonsensical unproven conspiracy theories for ratings. And they don’t care very much."

edited to correct web location

That’s making an “educated guess”, as to the real reason - other countries don’t like Trump. The statisticians and researchers, need to identify the statistical variables. Then test them and collect statistical data.

As well, their ‘not liking Trump’ has little impact on anything; if he continues to follow through on his promises - and he’s doing a good job of that - they may dislike him even more. And the PEW people should have also asked - how did you form your opinion of Trump? What news stories - and spun by whom? Do they trust the CNN’s of the world? The fake news does not affect just Americans. Perhaps none of them have seen this:
veritaslive.com/06-26-2017/a … dacnn.html

I like a good chart, but I certainly don’t trust them unreservedly. Good spy film is better. :open_mouth:

If you read the article at Trump causes ‘major’ shift in global view of US: Pew, it says this:

And if you look at the Wiki article at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pew_Research_Center, it defines them:

And what academic or think tank body, would you choose - to do a better job? Or one that’s more objective? And more importantly - WHY?

I did notice the word “nonpartissan”, in the Wiki definition.

As Trump said in the State of the Union, he is not the President of the world but of America. If we try to get Europe to step up , of course they’ll long for the days of Sugardaddy Obama.

Not a bad job, Randy - an incomplete and potentially misleading job. The PEW people do a good job, but like any poll, there is a narrow focus and generally no explanation or context.

The project Veritas link shows the fodder that is being fed to many discontents.

But the article did say 37 countries worldwide, took part in the survey. And I noticed countries in the charts, that are not part of Europe. And without statistical data or research, any conjecture by Steve or Dave - in just that. Conjecture.

Note to DaveB: Point me to critical analysis of the polls conducted, showing flaws in their methodology, research and approach. And I will certainly look into them.

Did you watch the Veritas link? Do you not think other organizations besides CNN are similarly driven?

You can see that any poll has to be limited to certain things, can’t you? Or should we have a poll to find out if polls are trustworthy?

Your insistence on ‘data’ trumping (ha) ‘just conjecture’ - kinda silly imo. People do state opinions, other people challenge them, that’s the way it works. Al Gore had some nice charts - that were mostly wrong - and the US almost followed the ‘consensus science’ (which I guess you would buy into because they had charts) down a path of distributing wealth, earned by the American people, to other countries, most of which were corrupt - based on charts.

Science is very powerful, but very narrow.

But the article did say 37 countries worldwide, took part in the survey. And I noticed countries in the charts, that are not part of Europe. And without statistical data or research, any conjecture by Steve or Dave - in just that. Conjecture.

OK i agree it’s conjecture. Maybe it’s his orange hair, maybe his temperment, maybe his personality or maybe the way the MSM presents him. On the other hand America is making new friends like Saudi Arabia , India and maybe China but definitely not North Korea.

“Selective and ratings driven coverage doesn’t mean “fake news”. That’s not the same as false editing and slander.”

Did you hear what the CNN guy even said? We have no evidence - but we’re going to go ahead anyway. You’re just playing with words, qaz,