The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Why two commings?

Hello,
why do you think that Jesus the Messiah has to come two times and
did not establish God’s Kingdom right after His ressurection
like the one He will establish after His second comming?
What says the Bible about it including the OT?
Thank you for your help and blessings
Dani

why do you think that Jesus the Messiah has to come two times and did not establish God’s Kingdom right after His ressurection

He established the Kingdom of God BEFORE the resurrection. When the Pharisees asked Him when the Kingdom of God was coming, He said that it was not coming with signs to be observed, but was right in their midst. (For He was the King and His disciples were His subjects). Christ gave Kingdom parables about:

1. Entering the Kingdom.
  2. The Growth of the Kingdom.
  3. The Culmination of the Kingdom. (when He returns.

I would like to know why Jesus retured to Heaven and
did not stay here on earth.
Thank you.

Here is what Jesus said to His disciples:

But I tell you the truth; it is to your advantage that I depart! For if I do not depart the advocate will not come to you, but if I go, I will sent him (or “it”) to you. (John 16:7)

If Jesus had stayed in His risen body, He could have been at only one place at a time. How would He have been able to teach and support the many millions of disciples who would appear later? (such as in our day). It seems there were only about 120 at the time of His resurrection, and so He could take turns appearing to the different ones.

But even in that day, it would be to the advantage of those few disciples, since He would send the Advocate, that is, the spirit of Himself and His Father. The Father and the Son can extend their personalities anywhere in the universe, and indwell the children of God and work in and through them ALL of the time.

The famous prophesy in Micah 5:2 tells us that the coming Messiah be ruler in Israel:

“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

And in Daniel 7:13-14, His kingdom will last forever:

“I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

However, elsewhere in Daniel, we have this account of the Messiah:

*"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself…" - Daniel 9:24-26*

The words “cut off” in verse 26 of this passage is translated from the Hebrew word “karath”, which means to punish by death.

So the question remains, how can the Messiah rule a kingdom forever, yet be killed?

I think we have the answer to that in Two Comings of the Messiah as fulfilled in Christ.

Christ comes first like Judah to receive the scepter of rulership.

Then he comes a second time like Joseph to receive His birthright.