The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Does AFES's SoF definitely include PSA?

"]Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.(almost identical to IFES) Is this definitely PSA? Do you think you have to “organise your theology through PSA” or is that just what Calvinism does? :confused:

I think there’s certainly SA in the Bible, & even a bit of P, it’s just exactly how that’s articulated that gets complicated. And how much weight it’s given…

Curious if EU falls within AFES/IFES SoF - pretty sure it does…

This statement doesn’t seem to demand a PS interpretation to me. My impression is that many who doubt Penal S. formulations affirm that there IS substitutionary Language about Jesus taking the Place of sinners, etc (e.g. in Scot McKnight and Joel Green’s books). The devil may be in the details of the distinctions between such various interpretations.

Well, in my opinion PST doesn’t do justice to DFS or OCSTG. It simply allows CIS and falsely gives a CSP the impression that he is SBG.

lol :mrgreen: I agree… I think. :smiley:

Sorry, would you mind expanding those abbreviations :slight_smile:

Paidion wins best post of the year so far. :mrgreen:

:laughing: Let’s just do this up right . . .

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ and on to the Greek!

I think he was telling YOU Alex to talk in english words and not in text language. Just a thought…

:laughing: