The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Did Jesus promise that Iscariot would be a judge of Israel?

My semi-hiatus continues as I work on several projects off-site this summer (not even counting ‘work’ work). One project, a complex financial analysis, has nothing to do with even theology (much less universalism); another project, editing one novel and finishing another, has something to do with theology, but I actually backburnered that in order to work on other projects (including the financial one). I’m hoping to get back to it soon.

But meanwhile!–in order to relieve my boredom from doing the financial project, I decided to kick the tires of a theory concerning the fabrication of Judas Iscariot and his treachery. (Short version: the data of the theory is very shortshanged and even occasionally outright false, not to say misleading; and the logic of the theory isn’t any better.)

Along the way, I assess the question of whether Jesus promised that all His originally chosen apostles would have positions of loyal authority in the kingdom to come: a promise which would have to include Judas Iscariot, and so which (if true) would be a direct pointer to the salvation of Iscariot. Maybe thus pointing to universalism in passing.

Unfortunately, the evidence, while slightly suggestive, isn’t nearly strong enough (on careful examination) to conclude this; although neither does data rule the idea completely out, exactly. I go into some detail on the topic in the first half of this essay, here:

christiancadre.blogspot.com/2009 … ot_22.html

Annnnnnd, having reported on my various doings recently, back to my hi(atus)dey hole for a while! :wink: