The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Addictions: A Banquet In The Grave

Edward T. Welch, M.Div., Ph.D. is a counselor and faculty member at CCEF. He is Reformed and is the person a lot of the Reformers go to for their information. They sell his materials at the 5 point Calvinist Presbyterian church I now attend. He earned a Ph.D. in counseling (neuropsychology) from the University of Utah and has a Master of Divinity degree from Biblical Theological Seminary. Ed has been counseling for over 30 years and has written extensively on the topics of depression, fear, and addictions. I have read his book on addictions and have benefitted from it greatly. He’s not too enthused about A.A. but I can see some similarities between his writings and A.A. This is a fantastic book whether you struggle with addictions or not.

http://www.wtsbooks.com/common/images/9780875526065.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. Hopefully I’ll be able to read this soon. I’ve read Addiction and Grace by Gerald May and I love it and this book also strikes my interest.

No problem TurtleJoy! I think you will enjoy it. I haven’t read the one you are talking about but I think I will look into it. Anyway, here’s a little snippet from Ed Welches book about God’s love: