The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Greek New Testament for Kindle

I’m really enjoying this Greek New Testament. Each verse is shown in Greek (Byzantine text) and then English, and the Greek words are all clickable, linking to grammatical info and dictionary.

The Essential Greek New Testament for the Absolute Beginner

Sonia

I’m a beginner, and that looks to be a helpful resource. Thanks for the link.

Sonia, I downloaded the sample, but I do not see how this Greek New Testament with an English translation below each verse can help the beginner.

Yes, I know there is a lexicon, and “flash cards” to learn various levels of vocabulary, but I think the beginner must begin to learn Greek grammar in order to get anywhere in understanding the New Testament in Greek.

Paidion,

I’m not sure how helpful an absolute beginner would find it, but I find it very helpful at my stage – having been dabbling in Greek for the last 8 years or so. If I’m working on my Greek, I cover the English text as I read, and look up words I don’t know. If I’m using it at Church or small group, I read the English and refer to the Greek for better understanding.

Sonia

I doesn’t teach Greek grammar exactly, but the grammatic information is there for people to work with.

I’ve also bought the absolute beginning Greek grammar by Countryman, with an eye toward modifying its lessons for my seven year old niece, who wants to learn the Greek Bible (and could no doubt get along much faster at it than I do) but neither of us know where to start for her. :slight_smile: