The Evangelizing Universalist - A Positive Experience

Evangelical Universalism and sharing the gospel. What are your thoughts?

The Evangelizing Universalist - A Positive Experience

Postby Kate » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:48 am

Hi, all,

I've shared my hope in universal restoration with my Christian friends before, but they usually greet my words with a sort of leery disquiet. Yesterday, however, I actually had a resoundingly positive experience in discussing Christian Universalism, so of course I had to share with you all.:)

I was in class last evening, and some students across the room were discussing Christianity. One girl, a warm and bubbly pre-med student with whom I enjoy swapping favorite books and TV shows, mentioned that she was an "almost Catholic." Of course, I piped up from my side of the room, saying, "Me too! I grew up in Catholic school, and I still attend a Catholic parish with my dad. I think Catholicism is a beautiful faith, but I just can't commit to such legalism."

Then she confided in a quieter voice, "You know, I can't really believe God would send anyone to eternal hell. It just doesn't match His nature."

She was probably a bit surprised when I eagerly responded, "I feel the same way! And I have actual reasons -- not just feelings -- to think so!"

I told her about The Evangelical Universalist, and how the movement for universal reconciliation has gained momentum in England and bits of the U.S. She was thrilled and promptly wrote down Parry's book.

Of course, I also mentioned you all, so I am really hoping so stops by the forums. Being a busy pre-med student, I doubt she'll have much time to delve into extensive discussion, but I was nonetheless so happy to see a wave of curiosity and comfort come over her when I mentioned universal restoration.

Just had to share. :)

In Christ our Hen,

Kate
“God loved us before he made us; and his love has never diminished and never shall.”
~ Mother Julian of Norwich
Kate

Re: The Evangelizing Universalist - A Positive Experience

Postby JasonPratt » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:52 am

Yay! :D

ImageImageImage
Cry of Justice -- 2008 Novel of the Year (CSPA retailer poll).
Sword To The Heart -- metaphysical argument to orthodox trinitarianism (and thence to universalism)
Trinitarian universalist exegetics, on internet radio, or here in forum posts.
JasonPratt
Administrator

Postby URPilgrim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:08 am

What a blessing. Maybe the start of a long friendship. :D
If believing that God is loving enough, powerful enough, and wise enough to save ALL of His creation makes me a heretic, then sign me up!
URPilgrim

Postby corpselight » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:27 am

That's fantastic! Nice one :D
--your friendly neighbourhood corpse--
corpselight

Postby Sherman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:27 am

That's awesome! The more negative reactions we experience, the more we appreciate the positive ones! Hallelujah!
Sherman Nobles
author - "God Is A Divorce' Too! A Message of Hope, Healing, & Forgiveness"
http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore ... 331481-8-7
Sherman

Return to Evangelism