The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Rejected by the orthodox church

I love ya too buddy.

What you keep pointing to as a pattern is a requirement of OT law for families. Circumcision marked one as one of the community - the same goes for baptism.

The ‘wise and learned’ should take note - we don’t have to understand something for it to be effective. Water, wine, blood - common things bearing uncommon gifts.

You are not going to instantly burst into flames for giving the orthodox churches a little slack here. You know, be of good cheer - God has not appointed anyone (save His only son) to be the fountainhead of all truth. So relax in HIM, not what you think you know. I try to do the same. Frankly, I worse than you at it - but let’s give it a shot. K?

Ran

I can’t believe in anything that does not line up with the Word of God, including UR. I will not compromise doctrine for the sake of unity. K? but I still love ya anyways.

God bless,
Aaron

That sounds lofty, but the truth is that we all line up with our presuppositions which color the Word in singular ways. Love God, love your fellow man - all the rest is just bad icing on a bad cake. Forget about being ‘correct’ and rejoin the human race - you need a little rest from being perfect.

Your ‘born again’ faith never saved you. You’re a sinner. So love God who loved you and the rest of mankind. We’re all in the same boat. Color that.

Ran

No, I don’t make the bible say what I want it to say for the sake of unity. I used to be a sinner saved by grace, now I’m a new creation in Jesus Christ …regardless what religion teaches you, Ran. Yes, the bible says that my faith in Jesus’ sacrifice resulted in my born again or second birth experience which produced my salvation. I’m born again, filled with the Holy Spirit and on fire for God…"I’m saved just like the bible says. Glory to God forever. Thank you Jesus.

God bless,
Aaron

That’s great, but you also seem to have the tendency to trumpet your faith on the street corner just like the Pharisees did. That’s something that may need a little correction, there.

Have you ever thought deeply about what it means to live the life “hid with Christ”?

Stellar

If you want to eavesdrop on my conversation with Ran, please read his last post I was responding to before you make your judgmental comments.

God bless,
Aaron

None of the threads here are private conversations.

That’s tough to maintain…you may wake up one morning and find it all faded away. Then what?

That ‘certainty’ may be all straw anyway. Faith in one’s faith is as common as straw.

Ran

Stay away from those man made denominational handbooks…

God bless,
Aaron

Aaron. Even nondenominational churches interpret scripture, and from this, create dogma. Every church has to make a ‘systematic theology’ of some sort, in Christian churches this is usually from of the Bible, in order to practice their religion. I realize that religion isn’t the gospel, so don’t try to attack me there, but you too are involved in this process in your church. And it’s far more dangerous to pretend that you don’t, because that means that you don’t even recognize what assumptions you are making, what verses you are giving predominance over other verses, etc.

Rain

Religion is very dangerous to play paddy cake with…religion is sending people to hell every second.

God bless,
Aaron

I wouldn’t say that. Religion, as much as it is maligned in some areas of Christendom, is the creeds that allow Christianity to be taught, is the practice of everything from the smallest local church full of anti-intellectual snake handlers to the church of Rome. Religion is the main conduit in which God has worked to spread his revelation to man. That is not to say that He cannot work other ways and that is it not to say that God will always send his revelation through these conduits.

Rain

Christianity is not a religion, but a family. You just can’t join a church to become a Christian, one must be born into the family of God by faith. Religion(Islam,Hinduism, Buddism,Scientology,etc) does not change the nature on the inside…only believing in Christ and true Christianity does this. Religion is of the devil and all who follow it will follow the devil to hell.

God bless,
Aaron

We all know you’re the only true Christian on the Evangelical Universalist forums.

Ran

ha ha, Ran.

God bless,
Aaron

Aaron, what if God had lead you here for your growth? Would you accept the pain of change? (Trust me, it’s going to hurt) It’s a ‘what if’ question. Yes or no. Would you?

Ran

Yes.

I love ya, man. Stay true.

Fascinating how this discussion has strayed from it’s original purpose on page one, and has now blown up to four pages in the matter of a few weeks! :neutral_face: Larry I feel for you, I really do. My Father was excommunicated as a Methodist minister for refusing to baptise infants. I wish you all the best with your church plant. I feel confident that God will bless you for standing up for your principals.

Aaron, you must really feel threatened by the concept of UR to continually be on the offensive the way you are. Reading your posts it almost feels as though you want to be holier than everyone else, and so are more than happy to believe that many will suffer in eternal torment.

I find it strange that while most people who believe in UR start their journey from a place of faith in a merciful, just and loving God, you seem to want to believe in a merciless God, as if it somehow vindicates a life spent judging others.

I also find it fascinating how some believers truly believe they have all the answers instead of humbly acknowledging that we don’t.

You are in good company. The same thing happened to George MacDonald when he was a young man in the early 1850s.

Larry, God bless you. please do let us know what happens, whom you meet, and if the Lord calls you to begin a fellowship. my sympathies and prayers are with you. you have guts, grace, and God’s help on your side.