Kids misbehaving at church

Discussions on the effect of theology in its day to day applications in church.

Kids misbehaving at church

Postby qaz » Sun May 28, 2017 7:49 am

I had a very aggravating time at mass this morning. In the pew in front of me there was a family with kids who were making a ruckus the whole time: fighting, going in and out of pews, rolling around on the floor... I couldn't concentrate on worshiping the Lord. Does anyone else think a church should have a policy that if parents can't get their kids to behave, they ought not bring their kids to service?
qaz

Re: Kids misbehaving at church

Postby Holy-Fool-P-Zombie » Sun May 28, 2017 9:38 am

qaz wrote:I had a very aggravating time at mass this morning. In the pew in front of me there was a family with kids who were making a ruckus the whole time: fighting, going in and out of pews, rolling around on the floor... I couldn't concentrate on worshiping the Lord. Does anyone else think a church should have a policy that if parents can't get their kids to behave, they ought not bring their kids to service?

Normally, church services have a children's program, that commences during the church service. And children are invited to this, after a few minutes of service. Wasn't that in place?

And someone from the church, should have intervened. Like talk to the parents, etc.

Which is where the fault ultimately likes - with the parents. If they can't control them in church, what is their behavior like at home?

Charismatic Eastern Anglo-Catholic & Holy Fool; Inclusivist / Hopeful Universalist / Conditionalist ;
Contemplation (i.e. Fox Golden Key, Mindfulness, Theosis, Yoga); Healing (i.e. Homeopathy, Kampo / TCM, Ayurveda, Spiritual);
Holy-Fool-P-Zombie

Location: Near Chicago or hanging out with Holy Fools, Zombies, P-Zombies, Nerds and Geeks

Re: Kids misbehaving at church

Postby qaz » Sun May 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Holy-Fool-P-Zombie wrote:Normally, church services have a children's program, that commences during the church service. And children are invited to this, after a few minutes of service. Wasn't that in place?

No. Perhaps the church is too small. I won't be attending any more though.
qaz

Return to Church