Do you have the right road map?

Post up on thoughts that are not related to the other forums in THEOLOGY.

Do you have the right road map?

Postby Holy-Fool-P-Zombie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:21 am

This I was thinking about today. Do you have the right road map? Or a road map, that will get you there?

"Imagination... its limits are only those of the mind itself." - Rod Serling

In this analogy, Timbuktu (i.e. heaven, Christ) is our destination. The bible (i.e. RC, EO or Protestant canon), is our "book of directions". And some map makers, have made maps for us. They can be Baptist, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Methodist, TV evangelist, etc., road maps. The work is done for us. Just follow the map.

The trouble comes in, is when we say: "this is the best road map". Or "this is the only road map". Or "Follow my map or else."

Well, I do like to take "pre-canned" maps. But sometimes I like to put in, a couple better routes - from another map.

I am an Anglo-Orthodox Traditionalist (AKA Anglo-Catholic and Continuing Anglican movement, with an Eastern Orthodox twist). That's the one I like. In the words of Wiki: :D

These churches generally believe that traditional forms of Anglican faith and worship have been unacceptably revised or abandoned within some Anglican Communion churches in recent decades. They claim, therefore, that they are "continuing" or preserving Anglicanism's line of Apostolic Succession as well as historic Anglican belief and practice.

A movement among Anglicans toward incorporating some elements of Eastern Orthodox spirituality, theology or worship into the Anglican church, or a movement than portrays Anglicanism as a via media between Western and Eastern Christianity (by analogy with the term Anglo-Catholicism)

But I like the inclusive and purgatorial conditionalist sub routes. Which in essence, says all humanity might be saved, instead of all humanity will be saved. But if not, they will have a humane end.

And I add the Holy Fool tradition componet, to make it interesting (AKA the Batman Joker, wearing a white hat). :lol:

And to add frosting to the cake, I add the sub routes:

The full gospel (i.e. gifts of the spirit)

And just to be clear. These sub-components don't work, because you send a nice donation - to the TV, radio or Internet evangelist. :lol:

But I don't make these add-on components - the main map.

And I thrown in a mystical component, in the form of the Wisdom Tradition.

This map works for me. But I don't say: "this is the best road map". Or "this is the only road map". Or "Follow my map or else."

And if you don't like a map being offered - either here or outside - you can always make your own (AKA RYO or Roll Your Own). But you will have a harder time, selling it to others. :lol:

How's your road map? We will probably all get to Timbuktu, if you follow the map.

Some humor from the Sunil Bali blog:

Dumb says to Dumber:

"Have you seen the news headlines? Three Cliff Walkers have fallen to their death"

"Unbelievable," says Dumber. "I can't believe that they had the same name."

And here's what my road map - as crazy as it is - offers to all of humanity. :lol:

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSy8BMlU3hY
Last edited by Holy-Fool-P-Zombie on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eastern Anglo-Catholic, Holy Fool Theology; Inclusivist / Hope For All / Purgatorical Conditionalist; Joel Osteen Fan;
Contemplation (i.e. Fox Golden Key, Mindfulness, Yoga); Healing (i.e. Homeopathy, Kampo / TCM, Ayurveda, Native American);
Holy-Fool-P-Zombie

Location: Near Chicago or hanging out with Holy Fools, Zombies, P-Zombies, Nerds and Geeks

Re: Do you have the right road map?

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 am

Entertaining/educating presentation there, Randy!! :D

That puts you near the top of the 'roll-your -own' -ers here, no? An interesting mix.
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth". -Albert Einstein
DaveB

Postby Holy-Fool-P-Zombie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:49 am

DaveB wrote:Entertaining/educating presentation there, Randy!! :D

That puts you near the top of the 'roll-your -own' -ers here, no? An interesting mix.

Except that I just use "pre-canned" established components - then roll them together, Dave. There's much more material written, about established, pre-canned components - that you can use, to defend objections. Or interpret what a particular directional component (i.e. Biblical text) means. :lol:

Eastern Anglo-Catholic, Holy Fool Theology; Inclusivist / Hope For All / Purgatorical Conditionalist; Joel Osteen Fan;
Contemplation (i.e. Fox Golden Key, Mindfulness, Yoga); Healing (i.e. Homeopathy, Kampo / TCM, Ayurveda, Native American);
Holy-Fool-P-Zombie

Location: Near Chicago or hanging out with Holy Fools, Zombies, P-Zombies, Nerds and Geeks

Postby maintenanceman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:52 am

Randy, point taken :!: :lol:
maintenanceman

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:23 pm

Ok, you roll your own out of the pre-rolled that you found available. That's as responsible an approach as any, I suppose. :D
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth". -Albert Einstein
DaveB

Postby Holy-Fool-P-Zombie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:56 am

DaveB wrote:Ok, you roll your own out of the pre-rolled that you found available. That's as responsible an approach as any, I suppose. :D

Well, there's more to it then that. Since I have spent many years with the Native Americans, I have learned the value of visions. And I like visions of folks like Lutheran mystic Jakob Böhme, Quaker mystic George Fox, and contemporary, Old Catholic Church mystic - Tiffany Snow. I had extensive email conversations with Tiffany's husband, who is an Old Catholic Church priest. I was a Bishop at the time, in the Independent Catholic movement.

I was convinced that her visions were solid. Both by spiritual experience and conversations with her husband. But I told myself I would only adopt the visions, if I could find established theological viewpoints, to back the visions. Hence, that's why you find the roll your own approach - but from established, theological perspectives.

The only one not part of it, is the Holy Fools tradition. It just resonates with me and my personality. :lol:

"
It doesn't matter who you used to be, what matters is who you've become."-- Robert Tew
Holy-Fool-P-Zombie

Postby mike121 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 am

Holy-Fool-P-Zombie wrote:This I was thinking about today. Do you have the right
wooden road map? Or a road map, that will get you there?

"Imagination... its limits are only those of the mind itself." - Rod Serling

In this analogy, Timbuktu (i.e. heaven, Christ) is our destination. The bible (i.e. RC, EO or Protestant canon), is our "book of directions". And some map makers, have made maps for us. They can be Baptist, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Methodist, TV evangelist, etc., road maps. The work is done for us. Just follow the map.

The trouble comes in, is when we say: "this is the best road map". Or "this is the only road map". Or "Follow my map or else."

Well, I do like to take "pre-canned" maps. But sometimes I like to put in, a couple better routes - from another map.

I am an Anglo-Orthodox Traditionalist (AKA Anglo-Catholic and Continuing Anglican movement, with an Eastern Orthodox twist). That's the one I like. In the words of Wiki: :D

These churches generally believe that traditional forms of Anglican faith and worship have been unacceptably revised or abandoned within some Anglican Communion churches in recent decades. They claim, therefore, that they are "continuing" or preserving Anglicanism's line of Apostolic Succession as well as historic Anglican belief and practice.

A movement among Anglicans toward incorporating some elements of Eastern Orthodox spirituality, theology or worship into the Anglican church, or a movement than portrays Anglicanism as a via media between Western and Eastern Christianity (by analogy with the term Anglo-Catholicism)

But I like the inclusive and purgatorial conditionalist sub routes. Which in essence, says all humanity might be saved, instead of all humanity will be saved. But if not, they will have a humane end.

And I add the Holy Fool tradition componet, to make it interesting (AKA the Batman Joker, wearing a white hat). :lol:

And to add frosting to the cake, I add the sub routes:

The full gospel (i.e. gifts of the spirit)

And just to be clear. These sub-components don't work, because you send a nice donation - to the TV, radio or Internet evangelist. :lol:

But I don't make these add-on components - the main map.

And I thrown in a mystical component, in the form of the Wisdom Tradition.

This map works for me. But I don't say: "this is the best road map". Or "this is the only road map". Or "Follow my map or else."

And if you don't like a map being offered - either here or outside - you can always make your own (AKA RYO or Roll Your Own). But you will have a harder time, selling it to others. :lol:

How's your road map? We will probably all get to Timbuktu, if you follow the map.

Some humor from the Sunil Bali blog:

Dumb says to Dumber:

"Have you seen the news headlines? Three Cliff Walkers have fallen to their death"

"Unbelievable," says Dumber. "I can't believe that they had the same name."

And here's what my road map - as crazy as it is - offers to all of humanity. :lol:

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSy8BMlU3hY

Nice one
mike121

Return to General Theology