What's A Counterfeit Christian, or Heretic?

Post up on thoughts that are not related to the other forums in THEOLOGY.

What's A Counterfeit Christian, or Heretic?

Postby Holy-Fool-P-Zombie » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 am

I came across this article in Pathoes today. It's called A Counterfeit Christian, or Heretic: Yes or No. It's interesting, since the author teaches at a seminary less than 10 miles, from where I live. Any thoughts or comments on the article?
Charismatic / Eastern Anglo-Catholic / Holy Fool; Inclusivist / Purgatorial Conditionalist / Nicene Creed / ACNA; Zombie Apocalypse;
Contemplation (Celtic, Mindfulness, Yoga, Zen); Holistic Medicine (i.e. Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Kampo, Traditional, Spiritual);
Holy-Fool-P-Zombie

Location: Near Chicago or hanging out with Holy Fools, Zombies, P-Zombies, Nerds and Geeks

Re: What's A Counterfeit Christian, or Heretic?

Postby steve7150 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:08 am

I used to listen to Hank Hanneggraff on the radio and he wrote a book called Counterfeit Christianity. It was about the Word of Faith movement where you can speak things into existence like prosperity and health. Also called "Name it and claim it" & other similar descriptions.
steve7150

Re: What's A Counterfeit Christian, or Heretic?

Postby Paidion » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:40 pm

A "counterfeit Christian or heretic" may be defined as "anyone who disagrees with you in theological matters" (or anyone who differs from you in Christian practice.)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 76 years. I am now in my 80th year of life.
Paidion

Return to General Theology