The Evangelical Universalist Forum

God's Chosen Heroes

:smiley: I am an upcoming author of Biblical children’s book and have been through the fire in bringing it to print. I know that it is the will of God because it has taken so long but… it is finally here in print. I have won but now there is another bump in the road I have been entered into a contest that whoever receives the most views of a personal video will win 100 free copies of their self-published book. I am asking you to spare 1 min and 8 seconds to view my video. Please feel free to leave a feedback on what you think. Help me bring the word of God to children everywhere. youtube.com/watch?v=GcCP43TOw_E

Available on my website… godschosenheroes.com

I like it very much kalisioi (Cassandra?)! :smiley:

I especially like the illustrations and the fact that all the character’s are black. It’s a wonderful change from the usual presentation and makes the old stories come alive. :smiley: Someone whose writing I’m very fond of did the same sort of thing (in a different way) to make what we’ve heard so many times before–and was stale and “mummified”— new again. I like it very much so let us know (or at least me) when we can buy a copy. I do hope we hear more from you on the forum here.

All the best!

Steve

They are available on my website…. godschosenheroes.com Thanks for your support and feedback.

Thanks, kalisioi :smiley:

I’ll get a copy. You’re illustrations are lovely!

Steve

Thanks Steve when you get a chance to see my site let me know what you think. Sometimes outside eyes can see something I can’t. Thanks again… There are five volumes and 3 more should be done with 2 weeks.

I’m no expert, to tell the truth, but your website seems fine to me. :smiley:

I don’t know if you’re a universalist or not or plan on hanging around for a bit, but we’d love to hear more about yourself on an “introductions” thread. :wink:
Even if you’re not a universalist, there are a lot of very wonderful and bright folks here, so you might like it and something might pique your imagination.

Steve

Thanks will do. I’ll hang a bit.

Excellent, Cassandra! Lovely illustrations, and as Steve (Alec Forbes) says, I love that you’ve made all the characters black. Nice! :smiley:

Thanks. On other sites I have been called Racist. It has been very stressful and I needed to know that there are people that still have kinds words to say.

academia.edu/503195/_Princes … s_cheating

This is a paper showing how beliefs in the young can be manipulated by adults to their detriment.

In light of this, what do you think of the impact you are doing to young minds, in terms of their moral development because of you manipulating their inhibitory control especially where the belief is a Satan comes into play?

I also wondered if I could get you to opine on this.

youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

From my Gnostic Christian POV, I would much prefer to see what Mr. Campbell likes.

Further, might I suggest a take on this for a part of your next project. It may be closer to what Jesus taught than what most believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesf … r_embedded

Regards
DL

Can you sum up what you are asking or telling?

Man is supreme.

Note that he is saying, Kizzy, behold the only thing greater than yourself.

What he should be saying is God, behold the only thing greater than yourself.
Now think of Mr. Campbell plea for us to become adults and bring our Gods to heel. As we should.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

God can be thought of as laws and rules and all who are adults should reach for the enlightenment promised by Jesus.

Enlightenment means leading God and not God leading us. Remember, we have yet to elect a God. He is not here to lead. Man is.

Your thinking creates a submissive black Jesus. Rome wanted that one so that the people would submit to tyranny. The Jewish and Gnostic Jesus is one whose thinking will always be independent from the state.

He would say that if Rome wants him to walk another mile over the law, they need to pay.

Regards
DL

Cassandra,

I think the illustrations are beautiful. I saw some of the comments on the video and think it’s sad that some gave you a hard time for making everyone black.

Thanks for sharing,
Sonia

Thanks and from now on I will not be addressing anything that is related to the subject it is a wast of air and my time. People really need to let it go. Thanks for your comment. :smiley:

I going to leave it like this the Bible speaks that Jesus was a man of color. That is why I chose dark skin characters and the other reason is because I felt like doing it and I do not have to justify what I chose to do it. So move on if that is what you are getting it.

I was not criticizing your use or vie of Jesus being black. To any black man he should be exactly that. All I wanted you to consider that in the words of Jesus, there should be many black Jesus’

You have just placed Jesus without black men, when FMPOV, you should be pushing what Jesus did. That they should be looking within for their real Jesus and not to some idol in a book.

You are not quite true to the message Jesus actually gave. Please listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesf … r_embedded

Regards
DL