The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Nature of Love

I just finished reading “The nature of love: a theology” by Thomas Jay Oord. I noticed that he’s mentioned in another tread but mostly in regards to his criticism of traditional theology and the concept of “creatio ex nihilo”. In the discussion, however, there was no mention of his daring conclusions on God’s attributes, soteriology, universalism and escatology, which I found rather compelling. Though I struggled earlier on with the book (I am no expert in such things) I gradually began to understand where his initial suppositions were leading, how it eventually worked towards a comprehensive but different theology. As I said, his conclusions did closed the circle and were rather compelling. On the other hand, as will all new ideas, there needs to be a gradual evaluation and rethinking. This is why I am asking if anyone else has read the book and what comments you might have, especially on the question of universalism.

Sorry, haven’t read it. :frowning:

You’re welcome to present more of a report on it, though. :slight_smile:

I or another ad/mod may move your thread to another category more appropriate if you do, but we’ll leave a shadowlink behind so people can follow the thread there.