The Evangelical Universalist Forum

God is Love and loves all

I would also like to have a list of passages whose prima facia (at first glance) understanding affirms that God is love and loves all. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 John 4:8

because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
Luke 6: 35

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Matthew 5:45

Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfils the requirements of God’s law.
Romans 13:10

Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13: 8

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

But when the kindness and love of God our Saviour appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
Titus 3:4-5

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1 John 4: 8 - 12

Old testament passages

The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
Psalm 145:9

You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
Psalm 145:16

I will not accuse forever, nor will I always be angry, for then the spirit of man would grow faint before me–the breath of man that I have created.
Isaiah 57:16

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.
Micah 7:18

For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.
Lamentations 3: 31 - 33

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing. And you are to love those who are aliens, for you yourselves were aliens in Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10: 17 - 19

Greetings,
I am not sure if this will help you, however there are a lot of scriptures I came across about love when I wrote the article “But the Greatest of these is Love” It does not contain all passages on love, but I think you might enjoy it. :slight_smile:
It can be found here at this link: love-obadiah.blogspot.com/

Agape, Obadiah