The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Demons and aliens

this guy claims that aliens are actually demons youtube.com/watch?feature=p … 4SMkKompvg and he claims that in his videos of the aliens some people wehere not able to see them, but others say its crystal clear… so what is going on with this guy :question:

honeslty these things distrub me :confused:

What exactly is it that disturbs you?

the stuff this guy just says like how some people where able to see these alien demons, some werent… stuff about a voice tellin him about the rapture and honestly i think he might have problems

there are words to describe people who can see things others can’t…

Let’s be nice and go with (paranormally) hypersensitive.

I think C.S. Lewis said it best in his preface to ‘The Screwtape Letters’; there are two equal and opposite errors one can make when dealing with this subject. One is to dismiss their existence completely, the other is to become thoroughly obsessed with it. As he said, “[demons] themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight”. I think Christians should only be obsessed with Yeshua. But a dogmatic rejection of any personal spiritual evil, may cost us our belief in personal spiritual good.

see i am afraid i don’t agree with that. my faith in personal spiritual good is not at all based on or derived from any belief in spiritual evil. i don’t see that the existence of good necessitates the existence of evil. if personal evil exists, that would (given our understanding of it AS evil) give rise to the necessity of good, but personal good does not at all require personal evil. evil helps us appreciate it, but that’s a far cry from it being necessitated, else heaven will always have a dark side.

Sure Corspelight, that would be dualism and I don’t believe in that either. I think all has been created ontologically good. If Satan is a personal being, he too is ontologically good. Or at least, was (would love to discuss that one day). I guess I’m recognizing a bit of a slippery slope (though I recognize there is a middle ground). But do you, by the same measure, reject the personal spiritual good of angels (as understood by traditional Christianity)?

dunno, really. angels are funny old things! sometimes the Old Testament refers to them rather vaguely as even BEING God. some have theorised that Christ was appearing at these times…maybe they’re right?

maybe the idea that a servant represents his master and thus is an avatar for him is why this language is used.
so while i am skeptical about fallen angels, proper angels…well they could exist?! it’s really hard to say! personally, meeting non human beings one day i think would be a treat, so i sort of hope so.

aliens too, why not? Lewis himself (not that he’s the only authority, but just cause you quoted him before lol) postulated the way atonement might work for aliens in Fern Seeds and Elephants.

i’d go with those theories before i started assuming aliens and demons were the same thing. i suppose that MIGHT be possible, but it sounds like trying to filter everything odd that happens (or appears to happen) through an evangelical christian lens.

all i’m saying is that there are other possibilities, and even if they challenge our fond views, it doesn’t mean they automatically fall into the realm of the demonic.
but generally, i don’t believe we’ve been visited by aliens. what, they’re going to poke around in our brains, mutilate a few cows, leave crop circles and just leave? it works in the X-Files, but otherwise it defies sense. it certainly isn’t what i’d do if i was all technologically advanced and exploring the galaxy.

Satan wasn’t necessarily created as a good being, that is a common assumption, usually based on the lucifer theology. He was a liar and a murderer from the beginning. Those two statements by Jesus seem to contradict the idea that satan was a good angel.

well this guy says he is certian the the holy ghost told him about the rapture and that is pre trib so what do you guys think…thats the part that distrubs me the most

well, i’m sure we could find many who the Holy Ghost had apparently told contradictory things, so i’m instantly hesitant to give him any credit based on that claim.

The idea of aliens and ufo’s actually being demons has been around for a while. It’s funny to me that the people that believe this tend to be hyper fundamentalist biblicists, yet are not bothered in the least that there is no scripture to support this (other than a “2nd heaven” reference). They are the same people who believe that Satan planted bones in the earth to trick us all into believing in evolution. I HAD a close friend who started getting heavy into this stuff. Said cartoons like the Flintstones and the green guy on there “Gazoo” was setting us all up to receive the Anti-Christ…Aliens who would come down and claim they planted us here and that they are actually God. She became so paranoid, so suspicious I had to cut her out of my life. I felt like she began projecting all that stuff onto everyone around her and it was intolerable. It was like she saw devils everywhere. It bothered me. “Out of the heart the mouth speaks”. I realized that she was seeing this everywhere because she was actually full of it.

Sass

very true…i do think this is where this leads!
as WAAB said, we ought to be obsessed with Yeshua, not with the enemy, whatever form that enemy takes.

well yeah i know but he just the way this guy said it, a pleasent voice told him so and that all of Gods sheep appprently just know…

:laughing:

Come to think of it, that might be a thread worth starting… paranormal, weird, unexplained sort of stuff, like monsters (i.e. cryptozoology), ghosts (but not the Ghostbusters :laughing:), aliens (i.e. UFOs), strange occurrences (like teleporting cats :laughing:), etc.

Since I was a kid I’ve always been fascinated with this sort of thing (especially monsters, like Bigfoot, sea serpents, giant birds, and the like), though I’m not sure about you guys… I’m not crazy. :laughing:

But hey, I mean, most of us may just ignore these things, and don’t give much credence to any of it… but think about it… if sincere and sane people claim to have experienced, say, miracles in their lives, wouldn’t we as believers be open to accepting those claims? I doubt that many of us would question those claims, as long as they were made by people we found to be trustworthy and if the nature of those miracles was in line with the loving God that we believe in…

But wouldn’t it only be fair that if there were sincere and sane people who have claimed experiences with strange creatures, or ghosts, or aliens, or the like, that we should at least try to have an open mind?

Granted, even if we consider those people trustworthy, some of those experiences that are claimed, if we took them seriously, may put into question our view of God and of His creation, but hey, we all know that we can be wrong about some things, and that likely there is more that we don’t know then what we do know…

Granted, some of those things could just be hoaxes, some of them hallucinations, some of them misidentification, or it could well be that some of these things could be accounted for by ‘demonic’ activity, but maybe not all… perhaps there’s more going on than we may realize?
Maybe there are strange and unexpected creatures which God created that haven’t been discovered yet? Or perhaps some that we thought extinct, like dinosaurs, that are still around in some places? Ya never know.
Maybe there is some kind of intermediary state where ‘ghosts’ roam, or maybe there is some such thing as ‘psychic’ energy? Who knows?
Or maybe God did create other lifeforms on other worlds, even intelligent ones? It could be, for all we know.

Now, I’m not saying that these kinds of things definitely exist for sure, but there are sincere and sane people who have claimed to have encountered these kinds of things, who are just as sincere and sane as those who claim to have experienced miracles in their lives… and there is just as much evidence, or at least anecdotal evidence, to support such things as there is to support miracles, so I guess what I’m trying to say is maybe we should keep an open mind. :wink:

And if such things were a reality, if we were open to that possibility, then how would that effect our view of God, creation, life, etc?

Any thoughts on this? And do you guys think it would be a worthy thread? If so, I can copy and paste some of what I’ve said here to a new post and get this conversation started. :slight_smile:

Blessings to you all :slight_smile:

• Matt

they also like using the book of Enoch… and as well I think this guy is sorta like your friend over there he claims to see aliens EVERYWHERE

Right. It’s like they start getting pulled down into this crazy world of conspiracy theories and they read into EVERYTHING. I just couldn’t stand to live under that kind of scrutiny from this person any longer…It was like being under a microscope and I felt like I was walking on eggshells. That was all I needed to know about that stuff. :open_mouth:

but one thing still bothers me in the sevond vid the alien guy said the some people couldnt see his aliens and that another guy said they where dolls :question: