The Evangelical Universalist Forum

"Split Frame of Reference" blog updates

Hey folks. I plan on delving into UR and other topics from this moment forth on my blog. I found a doozy of a post by James Goetz on Gregory of Nyssa and the early church. You guys might benefit quite a bit from it, even if you’ve read it once.

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … ry-of.html

:mrgreen:

By the way, I welcome all comments and critiques on my blog. Or here. Whatever works for you.

–Nick

Various interpretive methods used within Egalitarians. My girlfriend is writing quite a bit on the subject.

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … women.html

–Nick

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … on-of.html

Peter Enns recently got in trouble with saying Genesis was “myth.” He’s a very interesting biblical scholar, and his new book is being featured on Jesus Creed by Scot McKnight. :mrgreen:

–Nick

Howdy. Its currently 12:24 in the morning here on the West Coast.

I forgot to post this.

part I
splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … onald.html

part II
splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … re-of.html

it’s Thomas Talbott writing on George MacDonald. I’m posting parts of the essay on my blog so people can read about “the Master” himself. :smiley:

–Nick

Scot McKnight graciously provides Talbott’s gauntlet. I’m positive most of your have read it before, but the conversation that follows is brilliant. Check it out!

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … -scot.html

–Nick

Rob Bell, Love Wins and an Atheist?

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … -love.html

–Nick

Scot McKnight again. :wink:

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … texts.html

–Nick

Nick,

Thanks for the great links, especially to relevant discussion on Scot McKnight’s blog. I too have found this a place of refreshingly open and diverse discussion for an evangelical forum.

You are welcome. I enjoy McKnight quite a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I was contacted by Keith DeRose who offered me this as support of UR.

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … bible.html

I found it compelling.

–Nick

Great stuff Nick, really enjoyed that last one. Thanks!

You re welcome. :wink:

And here is my newest (and most controversial) post yet. Gonna be difficult to top this one. . . . :stuck_out_tongue:

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … fends.html

–Nick

Thanks for keeping this thread updated, DS! :smiley:

(I’m thinking of retitling your thread a bit so other members will have a better idea what it’s about, though.)

(Update: I went with putting “Split Frame of Reference” in quotes, as the blog title, and adding ‘blog updates’ as part of the description. I can edit it to something else if you prefer, though.)

No worries Jason. I think it works better. :smiley:

"Roger Olson on “Liberal Theology.”

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … ology.html

–Nick

Hey fellas and ladies!

“Thank God for Hell?” My response. I’m an annihilationist (for the most part) and responded accordingly. :wink:

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … brief.html

And “Blue Like Jazz ‘Conspiracy?’”

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … iracy.html

Both are sure to stir the pot. Please comment on my blog and being/join the discussion!

God bless!

–Nick

A follow up!

Kevin Miller of “Hellbound?” wrote a blog post that featured Thomas Talbott’s thoughts on hell and Lewis. It’s pretty dope. :smiley:

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … -hell.html

–Nick

I liked Kevin Miller’s post. Although I think Thomas Talbott’s idea of Love being made perfect, so that we also feel much more pain for others, could also be applied to annihilationism - if love is made perfect in me, isn’t the permanent absence (non-existence) of those I love also going to grieve me, and of course God? Tbh the thought of it grieves me now even in imperfect love! (I am currently having this discussion with an annihilationist friend so annihilation is at the front of my mind, it’s not a jab at you)

By the way, why is it that sometimes your blog opens new posts in a sort of semi-pop-up window, and other times not? The Keith DeRose post did, the last three didn’t.

Hey hey. I think I agree (mostly) with Talbott. I also don’t disagree that this leaves the door open to annihilationism. No worries about the jab, I perceived no such jabbing. :mrgreen:

Hmmm. I can’t tell you why. Allow me check on that.

–Nick

Hey ladies and gents. Do you like graphic novels? 300? Pan’s Labyrinth? George MacDonald?

If you answer is yes, then check out the (brief and rough) teaser poster my friend and I created to support a graphic novel we are working on.

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … oster.html

A brief pitch:

***"In a multiverse, the gods reign. A mortal man, about to lose his wife and child, sacrifices his freedom to a cruel god in order for their salvation. After this, he is endowed with the powers of a demigod and is given but one command:

Kill, for his new master, 100 gods."***

Thank you for your time. Please spread the love if you like. We’re trying to drum up interest. We want the technology of Avatar coupled with the badassery of 300. :wink:

–Nick

So, like a somewhat more sympathetic Kratos, then. :slight_smile: (With a specific mandate as such.)

Completely coincidentally, my God of War compilation discs are playing on iTunes this morning. :smiling_imp: