Trinity and Monotheism on Quora

Post up on thoughts that are not related to the other forums in THEOLOGY.

Trinity and Monotheism on Quora

Postby Holy-Fool-P-Zombie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:23 am

I came across this on Quora today. I thought folks might be interested, in reading through the various answers:

Does anyone have any favorite answers from Quora? If so, which ones?

"It's not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you."-- Tyler Perry

Last edited by Holy-Fool-P-Zombie on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eastern Anglo-Catholic, Holy Fool Theology; Inclusivist / Hope For All / Purgatorical Conditionalist; Joel Osteen & Red Road Fan;
Contemplation (i.e. Fox Golden Key, Mindfulness / Yoga / Zen); Healing (i.e. Homeopathy, Kampo / TCM, Ayurveda, Spiritual);
Holy-Fool-P-Zombie

Location: Near Chicago or hanging out with Holy Fools, Zombies, P-Zombies, Nerds and Geeks

Re: Trinity and Monotheism on Quora

Postby DaveB » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:02 am

Randy, you were ADORABLE in that little blue suit! :lol:
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth". -Albert Einstein
DaveB

Re: Trinity and Monotheism on Quora

Postby Paidion » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Randy, here's the first thing I read on the site you provided:

Trinitarianism is a single divine essence of three persons. All of the persons are identical in essence, perfect in divinity, but the persons are distinct from one another. This is true monotheism by definition, because there is one God.

Yes, this is a correct description of Trinitarianism. But this cannot be "true monotheism." There is no place in the Bible where the word "God" denotes a compound Being consisting of three divine Persons.

Jesus Himself, described "true monotheism" when He addressed His Father in prayer as "the only true God".

Jesus prayed:
And this is eternal life, that they know YOU, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (John 17:3)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 76 years. I am now in my 80th year of life.
Paidion

Return to General Theology