The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Facts to be Considered by All Full Preterists

Agreed. Now if they can just add the RATIONAL and LOGICAL…tribulation and Zombie Apocalypse to the mix…We are all set to go. :smiley:

What was ridiculous?

Speaking of which these statements come across as rather odd:

“The new heaven and earth dwells within all”

“…death was destroyed in 70 A.D. in the lake of fire there”

“…heaven awaits all who die…”

If heaven awaits all who die, does that mean there is no hell & Hitler went to heaven at the moment of death?

So you’re ok with Hitler, heroin pushers & Satan going to postmortem corrective chastening, but not those who have suffered a lot in life?

Do we know how much suffering those who went to gas chambers inflicted on others?

How is dieing in a gas chamber different from going to sleep peacefully? Is it terribly painful? Or like a pet being euthanized humanely?

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE! We all see you have a penchant for ignorance BUT THIS takes the cake! UNBELIEVABLE! :imp: :blush: :unamused:

Hitler suffered from egoic delusions grounded in a hundred forms of fear. Upon death the ego is deflated. There are those who undergo ego death in this lifetime and experience the new creation of heaven and earth while on the physical earth. When the ego (false self) deflates or dies we come into union with our essential nature - love.

It’s ego delusions based on fear and shame that causes one to commit suicide. Hope comes with a bright future ahead as the past is forgiven. It’s in the present moment that one finds eternal treasures and loses ego.

How does Pantelism solve the contradiction of Lam 3:31-32 above with:

King James Bible
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Rev.20:10)

That appears to be a problem, at least for this Pantelist, some guy calling himself David Embury:

“According to Rev 20:10 there is no longer any demonic deception of the nations for the Deceiver has been cast eternally into the Lake of Fire, and this, the Second Death knows no resurrection.”

pantelism.com/devil.html

He says “according to Rev.20:10…the Deceiver has been cast ETERNALLY (my caps) into the Lake of Fire”.

And Rev.20:10, as quoted above, says this ETERNALLY (i.e. for ever and ever) will be with torments. Does that sound like redemption or salvation?

You have previously identified this “Deceiver” of Rev.20:10 as the Jewish high priest of the first century. Which means, according to Revelation 20, he was the ancient serpent & dragon called Satan & the devil. In your Pantelism theology he must have been bound from 30-70 A.D. (your 40 year interpretation of the 1000 year millennium) so he could not continue deceiving the nations until the 1000 years is finished, when he is loosed from being chained by an angel to deceive all the nations again. Then he is cast into the lake of fire to be tormented for ever and ever (Rev.20:10). In your view the " “the lake of fire” which historically speaking was the AD70 fall of Jerusalem."

So shouldn’t we be able to fly to Jerusalem today & see this Jewish high priest/“Satan” being tormented for ever and ever in the lake of fire?

How do you reconcile that & Rev. 20:10 with your translation of “Lam 3:31-32 For the Lord will not cast off forever” & universal salvation?

[size=150]No Origen, I’m done responding to your idiocy… not interested and engaging with your atrocious views! [/size]

Davo MIGHT be through with Origen. But I have responded to this IN Depth, in another thread here at Satan and Revelations

We should consider ourselves fortunate that Jesus prayed regarding our many ignorances:

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

I can see the contemplative life is doing you wonders, davo.

Where have we seen that quote before. I’m looking forward to you posting it another 50 times. Why not include it in the bottom of all of your posts, too. You could conclude it with “davo, called to serve”.

Or how about:

“Davo, bringing the TRUE gospel of Extreme Hyper Grace no postmortem punishment for Hitler, Stalin, child serial abuser-killers & other monsters everyone is already forgiven and reconciled to God Pantelism.”

The problem with consigning the nazis to postmortem suffering is that by the same token you must also end up consigning their victims to postmortem suffering. I can’t bear the thought that people went from gas chambers to more suffering.

The victims suffering may be over in this life, God is just!

To acknowledge this then Steve you couldn’t possibly be in the Purgatorial Universalist (PU) camp of Paidion & Origen etc, where suffering ramps up a gear postmortem UNTIL one confesses Christ (an act of repentance) finally enabling them entrance into heaven… which ISN’T going to happen, according to their schema, without this purgatorial placement first. Something Paidion says even most believers will endure.

etc.??? Why not name the others too, Davo? Or are Origen and I the major villains?

And why do you have “an act of repentance” in parentheses after “confesses Christ”? In your theology is confessing Christ tantamount to repenting? “Repentance” is having a change of heart and mind. Christian repentance is having a change of heart and mind about how you are living.

Maybe even you need a change of heart and mind about “cussin’, a-drinkin’, chewin’ tobacco, playing cards, impure thoughts about cousin Sally, etc.” rather than decrying “certain evangelical no-no’s.”

Yep pretty much so… only stating the obvious according to your vociferous posts etc. :open_mouth:

Answered right HERE.

I’m always up for improvement in this life WHERE the consequences of “works” have real traction. I’m so glad my ‘good works’ are no qualifier for heaven and likewise, neither my ‘bad worksa disqualifier from heaven — God’s grace is sufficient to render all FEATS or FAILURE inadmissible!

Are Jason Pratt, Robin Parry & Tom Talbott classified as Purgatorial Universalists?

How about Universalist church fathers, such as Origen, Gregory of Nyssa, etc?

What was George Macdonald’s view on the subject?

Should davo’s following anti-Ultra Universalism quotes be classified as a form of - ultra light - PU, or just simply PU,
or something that is neither UU or PU:

“who in all their prideful arrogance or blind ignorance would not respond in worshipful contrition postmortem, in-kind,
before the presence of God”

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6528&p=117770#p117770

“This was a prophecy about Israel… many rose and enjoyed rewards in the Parousia while other suffered loss of rewards
and shame BUT there is NO trace of PU here — FAIL!”…

“No doubt the more short-sighted thief repented when he stepped through death’s door, finding himself before his Maker
and doing EXACTLY what Isa 45:23 ACTUALLY says above… bowing the knee in contrition (shame).”

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6656&p=117656#p117656

“Purgatorial Universalism was the belief of some of the early church fathers such as Clement of Alexandria, Origen, and Gregory of Nyssa. It asserts that the unsaved will undergo hell, but that hell is remedial (neither everlasting nor purely retributive) according to key scriptures and that after purification or conversion all will enter Heaven.”

“Fourth-century Christian theologian and Bishop Diodorus of Tarsus wrote: “For the wicked there are punishments, not perpetural, however, lest the immortality prepared for them should be a disadvantage, but they are to be purified for a brief period according to the amount of malice in their works. They shall therefore suffer punishment for a short space, but immortal blessedness having no end awaits them…the penalties to be inflicted for their many and grave sins are very far surpassed by the magnitude of the mercy to be shown to them.”[12]”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian … orial_Hell

The problem I have with anything, that only a few understand - is this. God is FAILING to communicate. Whether it’s Davo’s Pantelism, Theosophist Annie Besant’s Esoteric Christianity, A.E. Knoch’s No Free-Will Universalism, Mary Baker Eddy’s Christian Science, etc. Maybe one or more is true. But it eludes ALL the churches and theologians - throughout the centuries. God has a COLOSSAL failure to communicate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ[/youtube]

Something should be SO simple, that even a child could understand it. At least, the basics. Sure, there will be differences, in the various Protestant, Catholic and Eastern Orthodox viewpoints. But the basics are there.

I try to make my message simple. The Tribulation and Zombie Apocalypse is BAD. Christ is GOOD. :smiley:

Watching the AMC show, The Walking Dead tonight - is GOOD. Watching the AMC show, Fear The Walking Dead in April - is GOOD. :smiley:

Perhaps we need to get, some of Peter Popoff’s - Miracle Spring Water - to increase our understanding. :slight_smile:

Let me illustrate, how to make a message simple. WIth the blind man, teaching Frankenstein’s monster to smoke. Perhaps there was more than tobacco - in that cigar? :laughing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYATXGjO2Tc[/youtube]

God is communicating quite well: “My sheep hear My voice”.

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.”

Zech.7:11"But they refused to pay attention and turned a stubborn shoulder and stopped their ears from hearing. 12"They made their hearts like flint so that they could not hear the law and the words which the LORD of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets; therefore great wrath came from the LORD of hosts

Jeremiah 7:26
"Yet they did not listen to Me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck; they did more evil than their fathers.

Matthew 16:16-17
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven

Though one is not likely to hear Him while listening to the likes of Peter Popoff, Theosophical society lectures or Zombies.

Ouch!!

OTOH, here’s a little encouragement for Randy: I was just on the back porch reading and having a cigar, the book is The Collected Works of Isaac Bashevis Singer, a delightful and rich reading experience. Anyway, in the short story ‘A Friend of Kafka’s’, one of the characters says, seated in a lamp-lit old club one night in Warsaw 1930:

“Ah, there’s Bamberg! Look at the way he waddles along on his short legs, a corpse refusing to rest in its grave. It might be a good idea to start a club for insomniac corpses!”
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: