The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Facts to be Considered by All Full Preterists

It brings to mind, a Jefro Tull song - Living in the Past. :laughing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8[/youtube]

:laughing: …that needs to be your zombie theme music. :mrgreen:

It is true that ΓΕΝΕΑ in never in the NT linked to the NAME of a nation. But the following suggests a people group or nation by comparing “this ΓΕΝΕΑ” with the Ninevites who were a people group or nation.

Jesus also said:

In this case, both groups are LIVING AT THE SAME TIME: the children of this world, and the children of light.
So what would be the ΓΕΝΕΑ of the children of this world? Is it not a reference to them as a people group, comparing them to a different people group—the children of light?

Yes, “generation” works in both cases. But my point is that “generation” means NOT ONLY “all the people who live during the same time frame” but ALSO all the people who belong to a particular people group.

In the verse I quoted,

it is the latter. The children of this world are one people group, and the children of light are another.

My comments you responded to with your replies above were never said to be related to Purgatorial Universalism (PU or PURU). So, strawman, i.e. your “fail”. Also i’d prefer to PU the following: Afterlife Corrective Chastening Universalism (ACCU).

Same as my response above. In the real world a gift can be refused, i.e. not received. But evidently you have strong inclinations towards Extreme Hyper Grace in this life & Calvinistic forced robot UUism in the hereafter. All encouraged by your Pantelism theories. This pretty much fits you to a T: gotquestions.org/hyper-grace.html

They “rose and…suffered loss of rewards and shame”? As in…in 70 A.D. they rose from the dead & suffered after life rewards and shame?

So again you are affirming afterlife “shame”, i.e. sufferings for the wicked? As per Isa.45:23-24 & Lk.23:43 below? If that’s the case, which it appears to be, welcome to the anti-UU club & what changed your view?

Isa.45:23 "I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. 24 "They will say of Me, ‘Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.’ Men will come to Him, And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.

To only one of the two sinners dying on crosses with Him does Scripture tell us Jesus said, “Verily I say unto thee today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” (Lk.23:43). That was not the one who blasphemed Him, but the repentant one.

To the Pharisees Jesus warned, “I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.” (Jn.8:24). What would be the point of such a warning if Jesus thought death meant instant heaven for them? The Pharisees believed in an after life of purgatory and or punishment, not UU, for those who die in their sins.

Jesus isn’t taking about a “certain course of action” that “would likely end [their] life”, or an early death some 40 years later in 70 A.D., as if they would even still be alive then, but whether or not they would “die in their sins”.

Well Origen… I choose to spend only so much time wiping the floor with your ill-thought through quibbles. I’m always happy to educate honest enquirers… you’re not one of them.

Qaz, if the word does not mean “all who are living at the same time” it CAN refer to a race of people, but to make better sense of it, “people group” (which may or may not be a race) may fit better than “race.”

The children of this world are in their people group wiser than the children of light are (in their people group).

We would expect that the whole group consisting of the children of light to be wiser than other groups of people. But sometimes the world’s children are wiser. Jesus said this immediately after he gave His parable of the dishonest manager who was commended by his master for his shrewdness.

After reading the ridiculous gymnastics of Paidion and others on the scriptures I’m going along with qaz and davo. The new heaven and earth dwells within all. The city is at the center. This is where we come into union with Christ as His bride. While heaven awaits all who die because death was destroyed in 70 A.D. in the lake of fire there are those who experience some of this heaven on the physical earth. They enter the gates. They find and experience this reality as they eat and drink from the waters of life that flow from within. The rest don’t experience it until they die.

Agreed. Now if they can just add the RATIONAL and LOGICAL…tribulation and Zombie Apocalypse to the mix…We are all set to go. :smiley:

What was ridiculous?

Speaking of which these statements come across as rather odd:

“The new heaven and earth dwells within all”

“…death was destroyed in 70 A.D. in the lake of fire there”

“…heaven awaits all who die…”

If heaven awaits all who die, does that mean there is no hell & Hitler went to heaven at the moment of death?

So you’re ok with Hitler, heroin pushers & Satan going to postmortem corrective chastening, but not those who have suffered a lot in life?

Do we know how much suffering those who went to gas chambers inflicted on others?

How is dieing in a gas chamber different from going to sleep peacefully? Is it terribly painful? Or like a pet being euthanized humanely?

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE! We all see you have a penchant for ignorance BUT THIS takes the cake! UNBELIEVABLE! :imp: :blush: :unamused:

Hitler suffered from egoic delusions grounded in a hundred forms of fear. Upon death the ego is deflated. There are those who undergo ego death in this lifetime and experience the new creation of heaven and earth while on the physical earth. When the ego (false self) deflates or dies we come into union with our essential nature - love.

It’s ego delusions based on fear and shame that causes one to commit suicide. Hope comes with a bright future ahead as the past is forgiven. It’s in the present moment that one finds eternal treasures and loses ego.

How does Pantelism solve the contradiction of Lam 3:31-32 above with:

King James Bible
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Rev.20:10)

That appears to be a problem, at least for this Pantelist, some guy calling himself David Embury:

“According to Rev 20:10 there is no longer any demonic deception of the nations for the Deceiver has been cast eternally into the Lake of Fire, and this, the Second Death knows no resurrection.”

pantelism.com/devil.html

He says “according to Rev.20:10…the Deceiver has been cast ETERNALLY (my caps) into the Lake of Fire”.

And Rev.20:10, as quoted above, says this ETERNALLY (i.e. for ever and ever) will be with torments. Does that sound like redemption or salvation?

You have previously identified this “Deceiver” of Rev.20:10 as the Jewish high priest of the first century. Which means, according to Revelation 20, he was the ancient serpent & dragon called Satan & the devil. In your Pantelism theology he must have been bound from 30-70 A.D. (your 40 year interpretation of the 1000 year millennium) so he could not continue deceiving the nations until the 1000 years is finished, when he is loosed from being chained by an angel to deceive all the nations again. Then he is cast into the lake of fire to be tormented for ever and ever (Rev.20:10). In your view the " “the lake of fire” which historically speaking was the AD70 fall of Jerusalem."

So shouldn’t we be able to fly to Jerusalem today & see this Jewish high priest/“Satan” being tormented for ever and ever in the lake of fire?

How do you reconcile that & Rev. 20:10 with your translation of “Lam 3:31-32 For the Lord will not cast off forever” & universal salvation?

[size=150]No Origen, I’m done responding to your idiocy… not interested and engaging with your atrocious views! [/size]

Davo MIGHT be through with Origen. But I have responded to this IN Depth, in another thread here at Satan and Revelations

We should consider ourselves fortunate that Jesus prayed regarding our many ignorances:

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

I can see the contemplative life is doing you wonders, davo.

Where have we seen that quote before. I’m looking forward to you posting it another 50 times. Why not include it in the bottom of all of your posts, too. You could conclude it with “davo, called to serve”.

Or how about:

“Davo, bringing the TRUE gospel of Extreme Hyper Grace no postmortem punishment for Hitler, Stalin, child serial abuser-killers & other monsters everyone is already forgiven and reconciled to God Pantelism.”