The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Romans 11:32 and Existential Philosophy

Romans 11:32 is a verse I’m sure most of you are familiar with: “For God has consigned all men to disobedience so that He may have mercy on them all”.

I think this very quote can actually answer why we are here. Some people wonder what the purpose of life is if we are all to go to Heaven anyway.

The way I see it, man has a mind of his own, and the Father recognizes that. When Eve ate the forbidden fruit, and signified very early on that mankind would not follow God’s will just because our Father told us to. So He let us sin. He let us degenerate.

The way I see it, God is letting us live under Satan’s rule so that when the time come to live under the Rule of the Most High, we will not have the will to rebel. When the glorious goodness of God’s light is upon us, it will outshine the darkness of Satan infinitely.

What I mean is this: When we are in the presence of God, we will be able to compare the goodness of our Father and His will to what we have now. You look around today and you see endless war, murder, adultery, greed, selfishness, pestilence, and countless other deterioration. Our will to follow Satan will be abolished not through pure force, but through understanding. Nobody again will be able to disobey the Father, simply because through experiencing this life, we know how bad drifting from the Father will be.

Okay, it’s Sunday morning, so this thread can go live. :slight_smile:

(And I bumped it with a post, to help it on the active topic list.)

Remember, tho, no new threads until next Sunday. Post in threads (especially other people’s threads) as you like.

Thanks, Jason! :slight_smile: