Angels and string theory dimensions question

Discussions pertaining to scripture and theology from a philosophical approach.

Angels and string theory dimensions question

Postby Holy-Fool-P-Zombie » Tue May 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Here's a tidbit of research from Chicago's Straight Dope columnist Cecil Adams on Did medieval scholars argue over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin?. This point is extremely important, so I will quote it:

According to unimpeachable sources, it's not how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, it's how many can do it on the point of a needle — which, of course, makes more sense.

Today I was thinking about String Theory. Wiki - String theory and a University - String theory give a general outline. Wiki defines it as:
"In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings"

In a Quora discussion today entitled Do theories with extra dimensions display too much freedom?, they say the optimal number to work with is 10 dimensions.

Now I can't sleep at night. If strings do exist in 10 dimensions, can angels see in more than 3? And if so, how many? Can someone here help me get a good night's sleep?
Charismatic / Anglo-Orthodox / Holy Fool; Inclusivist / Purgatorial Conditionalist / Nicene Creed / ACNA;
Contemplation (i.e. Mindfulness, Red Road, Yoga); Holistic Medicine (i.e. Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Kampo, Traditional, Spiritual);
Holy-Fool-P-Zombie

Location: Near Chicago or hanging out with Holy Fools, Zombies, P-Zombies, Nerds and Geeks

Return to Philosophical