The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Help me and peer-review me :-)

Hello lovely ones.

Following the nice advice of Sobornost, I want to call your attention to a metaphysical argument I have just developped.

lotharlorraine.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/should-a-materialist-be-an-eliminativist/

In this (pseudo)-paper, I argue that a materialist should deny the existence of a subjective consciousness in living things as we understand it.

Now I’d like the philosophically minded ones under you to **harshly **criticize me so that I will improve (or give up) my argument.

Friendly greetings.

One more thing for everyone embarking into this dangerous adventure: it is worth reading the comments and my response to them too.

I certainly hope this will be a pleasant experience.

HI,Marc - I reckon the best thing to do if you want interactive feedback here is try doing a thread in which you raise some of the ideas you are thinking of writing about first in an OP to a thread (and space these threads out more - if you do too many in a short time and you’ll not get a response). Then see if any interaction you get refines your thinking before you do your blog.

That’s the best way to get interaction here - because people are here to interact rather than review as such, and on any discussion forum people rarely open links to other discussions I understand. :slight_smile:

You might want to bounce some of your points off Jason. He’s written a book in which he addresses the question of the possibility of the rise of rationality from non-rational sources. You can download it from his signature line (Sword To The Heart). Whether or not he’d have time to read your whole paper I couldn’t say, but he would be a good source for you.