The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Aproblem

The less sinner sinners (unbelievers of jesus) , people which love God with 99% of their heart,
will suffer very few in the lake of fire ?
the descendant of Adam which didn’t believe in Jesus (unsaved) but was the last sinners (the man which sin the less of the unbelievers) : he will suffer in the lake of fire a suffering not far from 0. Let’s suppose a suffering of 3 (the max is 100)
is it possible that no unbeliever never sinned less than 3 (and suffer less than 3) ? .If there was an unbeliever which sin and suffer 0,23 : is it possible that no one sins and suffer 0,22 ? ect…
please let me know if i am not clear
thank you for your help

Hi Erwan,
i’m finding the question a little hard to understand, sorry :blush:

you believe that mother teresa was unsaved ?
you are right, she didn’t believe that salvation is a free gift
how hard will be her limited second death?
and an unsaved one which sinned ten times less than her?
the second death of someones will be tiny sufferings dose
there is the question of the infinitesimal

It sounds like you are asking about degrees of punishment? Jesus seems to me to have taught that some people will be given fewer stripes and others will be given more stripes. I think it depends on the circumstances – knowledge, life experiences, physical/mental health, motivations, many things. He (Jesus) is the judge, and He is a just judge. It is my opinion that He will give each person precisely what he or she needs in order to bring them to true repentance and restoration.

ahh ok…
so if purgatorial universalism is true, then would someone like Mother Theresa (who i definitely believe WAS saved, whatever that means! she showed by her fruit that she was of God) might have a brief flash as any dross in her life burned up, whereas someone who was an unbeliever totally but a decent person otherwise, might have a bit longer to have his house/treasure tested by fire?
maybe it doesn’t matter…in my opinion, we will all believe one day. that journey may be long or short for each of us…
so if it turns out that 1 nanosecond of post-mortem correction is necessary to convince Richard Dawkins for example that God is real, that’s all it’ll take…but if someone was religious and proud but “never knew God” (the Lord, Lord speach Jesus gives), their testing could feel like a very long time indeed!
if Hitler took 2 minutes of seeing his earthly treasure burn up and face truly his monstrous acts and repented in that time…well that’s all it’d take.

so for me it is relative. personally i think this stuff happens in a moment as we gaze upon Christ who we all put to death in our varied ways. some of us might feel mountains of regret sooner than others, and in that moment apologise and repent, regardless of the life they lived, though i am sure the severity will be greater for some than others. the regret will give way before the relentless forgiveness and grace of our Lord, and there will be joy thereafter.

As Heb 1 tells us that Christ is the true representation of our God, I believe we will all be judged as Christ did the adulterus. This is true mercy and forgiveness.

excellent point
“neither do i condemn you. go and sin no more”
THAT is the judgement of God. beautiful.

Corpeslight, I would also like to add that I believe we are all prodigal sons, and how did the Father greet his return? He stunk of swine stench but still embraced His lost son, He did not ask him what he had done with his share of the wealth. He didn’t even accuse him, nor showed him his past sins. It will be a humble but wonderful experience for all of us I believe. Our God is absolute mercy, forgiveness and above all, Love.

1,000 times amen.