The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Each after its own kind

Over and over in Gen 1 we find the phrase: “each after its kind” or “each according to its kind”.

The seed of any particular kind reproduces another of its same kind.

Sparrows make sparrows.

Orange trees make orange trees.

Poodles make poodles.

This concept is screamed out in Gen 1. I think everything in Gen 1 is hugely important, foundational to our understanding of everything Biblical.

Jesus is the son of God. He is God’s offspring.

We humans are God’s offspring and Jesus is pleased to call us brothers.

If there is to be a reproduction of kind then a male and female of that kind must come together in a procreational manner.

Sparrows mate with sparrows.

Dogs mate with dogs.

Humans mate with humans.

There are obvious conclusions to be drawn.

What do you think they are?

I have wondered for years why these conclusions are rarely if ever discussed in church. Maybe it’s just the churches I’ve attended but the conclusions that may be reached, at least the ones I see, are earth shattering.

In my mind, arguments about whether or not God is going to throw people into ECT pale in comparison to the discussions we could be having about the more earth shattering claims (concepts) that I think are screaming out to us in the Bible.

I’m interested to hear what conclusions you would draw from the Bible’s reproduction of kind concept.

David I love it. You are right on. I think its too great a teaching for most people to accept, thats why its called the mystery. Its blasphemous to many to see who we are and who we will be.

You know the pomegranate was one of the major decorations on the veil and in the temple. Most fruit you spit the seeds out. This fruit, the seeds are what you eat.