The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Thoughts of Ernest L. Martin

Hi,

Anyone have thoughts on Martins difficult writings on the problem of evil such as Judgment of man and God or Forgiving God? I wonder if the problem of evil is harder to those of us who have never considered ETC a serious possibilty. I have just like Martin an adventist background long time ago. I have never been around people that insisted on ECT, so my problem is the starving children and tortured witches.

Sorry I haven’t read any of Martin’s material. Unfortunately I’m surrounded be people who think ECT is the only possibility :unamused:

I have been looking for people to talk about this and hate to come across as a debbie downer. Martins writings have actually helped me but I am sure many evangelical types would consider certain things he says blasphemous, despite a very high view of Scripture. But I can sense I am getting consolation in the faith in a higher purpose we can’t grasp and the blessed outcome.

Hello everyone,

I am happy to say that there is an online website for those who study Dr. Martin’s material:

ernestlmartin.com

Dr. Martin’s work has withstood the test of time. We are dedicated to growing based on the initial biblical research he provided.

Thank you for your posts. :smiley:

Ken

I don’t think Ernest Martin is on the big list of universalists here. Anyone fancy providing a short bio and suitable quote? ( see the list of non- hellists under general discussion for examples of format and size).

Hello Pog,

I too find it interesting that his name is missing. Here is a list of all of the articles he has written on universal salvation/reconciliation:
googlesyndicatedsearch.com/u/ASK?sitesearch=askelm.com&q=universal+reconciliation+salvation&sa=Google+Search**

Here is a brief description of him:

ernestlmartin.com/index8.htm#tribute

Thank you for asking.

Ken