The Evangelical Universalist Forum

A Christian Response To North Korea

From Fox News today, North Korea says strike on US is ‘inevitable’ as Pentagon flies bombers off coast:

We made a big mistake with Iran imo; Obama had no clue how to deal with strong Iranian leadership, and Hilary was too busy selling a large percentage of our Uranium rights to Russia. Gosh, wonder where that money went? :imp:

As we ‘negotiated’ with the Iranians, they continued building up their arsenal. Of course they did: they recognized the stupidity of American ‘leadership’ and simply took advantage of it.

The NK’s learned from that - so did everyone else - and, I suppose, would be happy to negotiate till the end of time or until they had built enough H-bombs to do some real damage. But Trump is not Obama or Hilary; he is tougher and just as smart, and I for one am not afraid that he is trigger-happy, though the Aussie newspapers relish calling him that.

I’m very happy not to have Trump’s job. If we wait for NK to do something really damaging before we take action, then we will be accused of waiting too long. If we make a first, surgical strike to eliminate their launch abilities, we will be accused of starting a war.

If Trump can continue to press China toward blockades and embargos, maybe the world does have a chance of avoiding an NK disaster; then we can deal with Iran?

Looks a little bleak to me.

We made a big mistake with Iran imo; Obama had no clue how to deal with strong Iranian leadership,

Or maybe Obama did know what he was doing? :smiling_imp:

Well, at least with the Nuclear deal - he didn’t act alone. You have others to blame, if you don’t like the deal:(From Wiki)

I’m sure all this “right wing” blaming the '“left wing” - and vice versa…Will be what triggers the zombie apocalypse (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_apocalypse) :astonished: :open_mouth: :cry: :angry:

Perhaps this can all be avoided, by this story I’ve shared on Twitter today.

Three Simple Questions This GE Exec Asks To Solve Big, Complex Problems

Here are the questions the article asks:

And the zombie apocalypse would be much worse than anything North Korea, ISIS or Iran - could throw our way. Just watch programs like Fear the Walking Dead (on tonight on AMC), The Walking Dead or Z Nation - for previews of our world to come. Or even the current Stephen King movie It. :astonished: :open_mouth:

Hermano , the Bible says this:
Jer. 23:17 “They keep saying to those that despise Me, ‘The Lord has said you will have peace’; and as for everyone who walks in the stubbornness of his own heart, they say ‘Calamity will not come upon you’.”
Jer.14:13 “The(false) prophets are telling them, ‘You will not see the sword nor will you have famine but I will give you lasting peace in this place’.”
Jer. 8:11 “They heal the brokenness of the daughter of My people superficially, saying peace, peace, but there is no peace.”
Hosea 9:7 “The days of punishment have come, the days of retribution have come; let Israel know this. The inspired man is demented, because of the grossness of your iniquity and because your hostility is so great.”
Ez. 7:25 “When anguish comes, they will seek peace, but there will be none.”
1 Thess. 5:3 “While people are saying peace and security, destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.”

No one wants war, but sometimes it is unavoidable. I don’t think we can talk peace with a man who is on a power trip and bent on destruction.

From today’s Fox News article, “Trump: Talking to Kim Jong Un a waste, 'will do what needs to be done’”:

Good for Trump; that’s encouraging.

We also have pressing problems - here at home. Heres what I’ve shared on Twitter today:

Las Vegas shooting: 50 people killed in Mandalay Bay attack

This is not advocating some left wing, gun control - on my part. Just the opposite. I’m all for how guns were openly carried, in the wild west.

Just a footnote here. Folks at the country sheriff’s level, don’t normally deal with mass murders. They will (and are obtaining help), from other police agencies, the state highway patrol, the ATF and the FBI.

It will take some time, to review all the camera footage.

From Fox News today:

Air Force could recall up to 1,000 retired pilots after Trump order

I should mention that the recall would be obligatory, and that the oldest USAF fighter pilot I knew was 36 years old when he was ordered to a desk job—so we are talking about “retired” military pilots who are still in their 30s, and now hold other positions.

(Although I suppose they could be older than that if they were used to remotely pilot unmanned aircraft…)

RW Schambach (@ Benny Hinn’s OCC) on rulers being nothing but God’s puppets:

youtube.com/watch?v=xVDkuMe257A

*Could it be that the annual U.S.-South Korea joint exercise war games…are not actually being planned as “games” this year? ***

From the Wall Street Journal last month:

Vigilant Ace 18 drills, to be held Dec. 4 to Dec. 8, will involve thousands of troops, 230 aircraft

God is love. Let us remember the keys to the kingdom which Jesus offers us:

Matthew 16:19 Amplified Bible (AMP)

19 I will give you the keys (authority) of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind [forbid, [b]declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, [b]declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven.

Very relevant to our role in prayer concerning the terrible situation with North Korea, Richard Murray says in his book, God vs. Evil:

May the two Koreas be peacefully reunited soon, with religious and economic liberty for all.

Blessings.

I thought your post was fine, but I do not understand that sentence.

Dave, as to the composition of that specific sentence of Murray’s, I can’t say for sure. God doesn’t allow evil, in that He has already disallowed all evil through the victory of the cross, through the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world. And so the gist of effective prayer is: more binding and more loosing; less petitioning, and instead, more thanksgiving for, and imperative proclamation of, the promises of God.

Regarding the NK situation, we must be careful to distinguish between nationalism and Christianity, between physical militancy and spiritual militancy. We need more binding and casting out of lying spirits of death and destruction, and more loosing of divine blessings, of angelic protection, and of the proclamation of the gospel of peace.

Regarding these verses, Murray also writes in God vs. Evil,

So how do you all see it now that Trump has backed out of meeting with the North Korean leader? Will North Korea continue with its nuclear development until it can direct a barrage of nuclear missiles to United States?
Danger! Danger!! DANGER!!!

Please tell what the DANGER, DANGER, DANGER is !!!

Well, I don’t blame Trump at all. ALL previous Republican and Democratic US presidents, have tried to have dialogues with North Korea - without success. And Kim has used public insults - towards the US. Trump is not shutting down dialogue. He’s just publicly putting it on hold. The next move is up to North Korea. Along with some “coaching”, from China. Here’s a story from the BBC today:

Nuclear war between North Korea and United States!
From there it may escalate as various countries align with one side or the other.

Do you really think that could happen?

Hum! I know which side China would probably take. But what side would Russia stand with?

It’s definitely the end of the world, as we know it. And perhaps the beginning, of the
Zombie Apocalypse.

REM Gotta love it.